Chapter 28

July 1973

Lee was walking home after a quick shopping spree for groceries when she spotted Alexander parking his car.

Alexander! She shouted so he could see her.

After Alexander confesses his feelings towards Lee on her birthday party, he apologised a week later saying it wasn't reasonably of him to tell such things to her knowing that she had a partner. She accepted his apology and now they were good friends. Since Alexander was studying Mechanics, he would help her selecting every machine that would be used on tour. At the beginning, Deaky was supposed to have that task, but due to the proximity of the tour and Queen being signed to make another album, he got busy, and Lee didn't understand a thing of microphones and amplifiers, so she asked for Alexander's help.

Lee! Well, looks like Roger it's quite the eater!

Yeah... She landed the grocery bags on the floor to rest her hands. He has a temper so when he get angry at something, he eats. Alexander frowned his eyebrows. I forbidden him of throwing things and destroying my furniture...

Jeez! He doesn't hit you, does he?

God no! Never! I exaggerated! He sometimes get upset with band stuff or with the staff so he throws a big tantrum, but I can lead with him! He's just a big baby! Lee laughed. So... You're going to your shift? She pointed to Alexander's uniform.

I am indeed!

You know what! Roger's birthday is in the end of the month! You should show up to his party!

Are you sure?

Yes of course! He likes you!

Well, then I'll show up!

Lee looked down at her watch.

Shit! Sorry Alexander, I must go! I have a phone meeting with some electricians! Bye!

She grabbed the bags and started running.

-

Lee was out of breath when she got to the street where she and Roger lived. She stopped to look for her keys on her purse when she heard people shouting towards her and flash shooting.

Lee, Lee! Are you and Roger a thing?

Do you guys live together?

Do you envy the attention Roger gets with the ladies? The journalists started asking.

Lee found her keys and hold on to the bags and started to force her way through the paparazzi.

Lee, how does it feel since Roger haven't assumed you as his girlfriend to the public?

Was it because you were seeing Roger that you became their manager?

What does his family think of him dating a groupie?

She stopped as the male paparazzi said that word and looked straight into his eyes.

What does your family think of you not minding your fucking business?

When the man was about to respond to her, she left towards their flat.

Lee entered the building and closed the door rapidly not letting the paparazzi follow her. She went up the stairs and opened their flat door.

It's a nightmare outside! Did they get to you? Roger asked leaving the window where he was seeing the paparazzi on the street.

Yes! And they weren't sympathetic! Lee dropped the bags on the counter and massaged her hands that were sore.

They still think I'm a fucking groupie and I fucked my way into manager! Not a single question about your upcoming tour, neither your next album... These people just want to know about your fucking sex life!

Lee grabbed a pillow and threw it towards the small table in the centre of the living room.

Lee! Breaking stuff is my job! Roger said grabbing the centre piece that the pillow managed to hit.

She groaned.

I fucking hate the paparazzi! Tomorrow it's going to be all over the magazines that I was rude towards one!

What did you tell him?

I told him to mind his fucking business...

That wasn't bad...

Roger, I said with these exact words!

Oh! Fuck...

____________________________________________________________________

Paparazzis am i right?