Chapter 88

26th July 1992

Lee and Alexander arrived at Roger's house a little bit past three. His garden was full of his friends, some new, some old. Alexander offered to go get a drink which Lee accepted.

I'm glad you came!

Lee turned around with a jump.

Sorry, I wasn't meant to scare you!

No problem... Lee said confronting Roger's eyes. You have a beautiful house here...

Thank you!

Roger and Lee started walking side by side through the garden.

I was rather surprised when I received the invitation! Lee said trying to break the ice.

You were the only one that didn't confirm so I thought you were not coming!

Oh my god... It was supposed to confirm? I'm so sorry! She was really embarrassed.

Don't stress yourself! Roger comforted her. So... How's Scotland?

Pretty good! Thanks for asking!

Yeah...

Lee and Roger remained silent for a second. When they reached the side of the house, that was empty, both talked.

I think we should- Both said at the same time followed by a laugh.

Go on! Roger said.

I was going to say that I think I know why you invited me here today... Roger looked at the floor. Because of the letter that Freddie sent... to both of us...

Lee and Roger seated on a bench that was facing a beautiful view, and talked, talked about everything that was stuck on the throats for almost 4 years now.

-

By the long table that was serving as the alcohol station, Alexander observed Lee and Roger walking away talking. He wanted to be mad, with everything the drummer made Lee went through, but he couldn't, Alexander wanted to protect the woman he always loved but he knew that he couldn't do anything. He knew that Roger was the love of Lee's life and that he couldn't replace him, even after all those years.

They look good together, uh? A female voice spoke beside him.

Excuse me?

I understand what you are feeling! You are feeling that, to her, you will never be as important as Roger, regardless of what she says... The blonde woman said. I feel the same!

Alexander looked at Debbie dumbfounded.

If you feel that way, why don't you leave him? The man said trying to ignore the way Debbie saw through him.

I could ask you the same...