Chapter 27

Happy birthday darling! Freddie yelled from the middle of the crowd.

Thank you! Who are all these people?

The room was filled with people Lee didn't know, of course Alex and Brandon were there, and Veronica, Chrissy and Mary, a girl Freddie met a few weeks ago, were too, but the rest of the people Lee didn't know.

Friends of Freddie... Somebody heard he was having a party so too many people showed up... anyways, happy birthday engineer! Here is your gift! Deaky handed a small bag to Lee.

Thank you, but it wasn't necessary...

Oh, please! It's from Veronica too!

Lee open the bag and a small box was inside, she took it and opened it, exposing a beautiful silvery bracelet.

Deaky... It's so beautiful! Thank you so much! She hugged him.

You're welcome! You can put beads in it! There's already one in a shape of a broccoli because... you know... you're a food engineer!

Deaky scratched the back of his head with a small smile on his lips.

Oh my god! That's adorable! Thank you too, Veronica!

You're welcome!

Deaky and Veronica walked to the sofa and seated themselves. They grew really close this past year; it was a pleasure to Lee to witness with her own eyes their love story.

They look so happy with each other! I have a feeling they are going to be together forever... Lee said to Roger.

Of course, they will be, Deaky could never pull another move like that on other woman, too much work for him! She slapped his arm.

Don't be mean!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding... I think you're right! But you know who is going to be together forever? Roger hugged Lee by the hips and looked downed to her.

Who mister? She played along.

You and me, miss! Miss and Mister Taylor! It sounds good...

It does! Lee smiled pushing her lips against his in a passionate kiss.

Lee?

Lee looked around where the sound came from.

Alexander! You're here... She looked at Roger realising he wasn't kidding about inviting the cashier.

Yeah, Roger invited me, and I couldn't refuse!

I'll leave so you two can have a chat! I'll get some drinks! Roger left, leaving the friends alone.

I didn't know today was your birthday! How many?

22! And we didn't really never talk about us so...

It's true!

A silence followed the sentence.

September 7th!

I'm sorry?

My birthday! It's September 7th!

Oh! Lee laughed realising what he was saying. Noted!

By the way, I bought you a gift!

Oh, you shouldn't!

Well, but I did! He handed her a small package. Although, it's nothing special...

Lee ripped the paper and found a little card.

It's a gift card! For Rosie's diner!

Oh, thank you! She didn't know how to react!

It's kinda dumb but... It's just a way of making sure I see you more...

Lee looked at him with her eyes wide open. What did you say?

I'm sorry... it's just... The boy looked down at his hands in embarrassment. Since the day you went to the diner to buy the ham sandwiches, I couldn't stop thinking about you... When you come to the diner, I make sure I get your table, when I hear your voice on the telephone ordering food, I leave everything to go deliver it! Just to look at you!

You don't even know me...

I know! But you have a light that shines so bright that I was blind by it and couldn't had enough...

I'm sorry, but Roger must be coming any minute, you should leave...

Alexander looked around to make sure Roger wasn't near and grabbed Lee's hand and put it in his chest where his heart was.

Do you feel it? How my heart is beating so fast? Is because of you! I wanna know everything about you...

Lee removed her hand quickly from his chest and looked down.

You should leave now! Thank you for the gift and for coming...

Alexander realised he shouldn't had said those things, so he was embarrassed.

Yeah... Yeah, I should go... Bye!

As Alexander was leaving Roger arrived with the drinks.

Where is the lad going?

He, hum... He had to go home...

Oh, bummer! Roger noticed a card on Lee's hands. What's that?

This? Oh, it's Alexander's gift! It's a gift card for Rosie's...

Really? Neat! I love her food!

Yeah... me too...

_________________________________________________________

OMG! Imagine having this impact in someone... uf, can't relate!