1

It's funny now that Virgil thought about it. It was storming out on a night like this. Of course, it was... Virgil sat there huddled up sobbing as quietly as he could, listening to the lightning crash around him. He couldn't even make it home. At this point, he didn't care. He didn't know what had happened. He didn't what had happened to the others. It was there fault... messing with that shit. It was his fault for upsetting them. He should have known. They didn't invite him because they liked him. This was exactly what they wanted...

Virgil curled up in an ally trying to shield himself from the rain all cut up and bruised from their attack, and it all started with a stupid invitation. He should have said no. He shouldn't have gone... He should have known better. That morning... everything changed.

"What?" Virgil shut his locker with this look of confusion as he hugged his bag tightly to him. "Wait? You're inviting me to a sleepover?"

"That's what we said." Derek laughed as he leaned against the other locker gesturing to his friend beside him. "Will and I thought it might be cool. We're doing a sort of... spooky-themed shit with our friends. Why not ask the scariest kid we knew to join?"

"Thanks." Virgil muttered sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Look I'm not interested in being the but of some stupid joke."

"No jokes." Derek beamed as he crossed his arms. "Just a bunch of seniors getting drunk and fucking shit up... figuratively. My friend Ally even thought of bringing over some movies. Didn't you say once you were a sucker for a good horror film?"

"Yeah. Mostly the classics though and I'm sure you aren't going to be watching them. The new shits just all gore and no actual story."

"So why don't you bring a few?" Virgil's frown grew even more as Derek just kept pushing. "Come on, what else are you going to be doing tonight?"

"Not getting my night ruined by a bunch a dumb jocks for one." Derek's smile fell as Virgil sighed. "Why are you so adamant that I come? Thought I was the possessed emo of Harrington High. The loner loser everyone hates... why have my pathetic emo ass ruin your good time?" Virgil snickered as he repeated all the shit those assholes would always tell him. "What changed?"

"I don't have a good answer for that." Derek said sheepishly making Virgil roll his eyes again. "But I did talk it over with everyone coming and they all agreed so... What do you say... Virgil?" The way he said his name actually made the kid squirm. He did not like it at all. "So?"

"Whatever... I might as well get drunk for once." 

"Sweet, Yes! The emo's on board." Virgil just stood there with this look of 'really?' as the two high five each other. It wasn't that big of an accomplishment. He just didn't want to go home to the empty void that is life at that moment. "Ok so... Do you need to call anyone or do you want to go home? We can drive you... Will, here has a Ferrari so we don't need to take the bus."

"Uh... no. No need to call... or go home." Virgil would rather them not know where he lived actually. "I'll just send a text." To no one considering he lived alone...

"Ok, nice! Let's go then." Virgil yipped in surprise as his he was literally dragged out of the place. It didn't take them long to get to Derek's. And considering they were in town it was a pretty big place. Virgil scoffed quietly as he slowly followed the two inside. People were already there, having been invited in by the parents before they left for date night. "Everyone... Guess you agreed to join us!"

"EMO!" Virgil was honestly taken back group of 5 populars cheering his... well, it wasn't his name but still.

"So why was I invited again?" Derek laughed as he shut the door and swiftly led the smaller into this basement room. It was set up like a person escape pad, with a large flat screen tv and everything. "Uh..."

"I told you..." Ally and AJ turned the main lights off making the room have an almost dark feel to it. Derek literally forced him over to the couch as Will grabbed this box from the under the table making Virgil's eyes bug. Will placed it on the coffee table before lifting the lid to reveal a spirit board and Virgil paled. "We planed a few spooky-themed activities."

"No. Hey. We really shouldn't..."

"What are you scared?" Virgil clammed up Derek pushed him to the ground right in front of the table. "I thought you didn't believe in ghosts."

"I don't. What I do believe in is never putting myself in a position to find out if I'm wrong!" Everyone laughed as Trent started to pull the board out and place it all on the table. "Seriously, guys... Do you even know what to do or..."

"Relax, Emopaloosa. It's just a gag. Now... are you going to participate or are you going to be a whine chicken?" Virgil tensed with anxiety as he just stared at them all in silence. "Look!" Derek beamed as he held up the small pointer piece. "Isn't this sick as fuck?"

"It's sick alright." Virgil growled out as he just stared at it. It was sick... as in completely stupid and insane.

"I bought it at this Wiccan shop just outside of town. They kept trying to tell me it was cursed or some shit. Said there was a demon trapped inside."

"AND YOU BOUGHT IT?!" Virgil flinched as Derek shoved the pointer into Virgil's hands. His blood went cold. His eyes caught the glass lense and they narrowed slightly in confusion. His mind was playing tricks on him. There was no way he had seen something move.

"Of course, I did." Derek boasted as he and his friends all laughed. "It's cursed." Virgil cowered slightly as he gripped the piece even tighter in his hands, hearing Derek tease him only made his anxiety worse. "I mean look at it, Virgil. It's even got a devils trap on the lense. I thought... why not try to talk to so-called demon trapped inside it."

"Oh, shit."