Gym Practice

Heaven's POV

Throughout the day I would normally see Evan in the halls but I never saw him.

I asked Lucia since she had classes with him and she said she hasn't seen him either.

Lunch time came around and he was there.

"Where were you all day?" I asked as I sit at the table.

"Detention." He answered.

"For what?" Lucia asked.

"Him and his friends kept throwing paper balls at Raelynn, I heard about it in my class." Andrew said.

"Oh." I laughed giving Evan a fist bump.

Cherish smiles and shakes her head at us.

"Ok so there's a party tomorrow that we got invited to." Kio said.

"Oouh!" Lucia said.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"You all better be there!" Lucia said.

"Depends. Are Chloe and them going to be there?" Cherish asked.

"Uh I think so." Kio answered.

"What about Raelynn and them?" Evan asked.

"Uh no they aren't on the list." Kio answered.

"Thank god!" Me and Evan said.

They laughed at us.

"I guess I'll be there." I said.

"If you're going I'm going." Aspyn said.

"Sam." Evan said.

"Of course I'm going to be there." Andrew said.

We all looked at Cherish. She rolled her eyes.

"Only to make sure-"

"We all get home safe. Yes we know mom." Lucia said.

I laughed. I love my friends.

~~~~

School ended. I said bye to Aspyn and she left.

We walked to the locker room to change.

We went to the gym to see the nets set up.

"Yes!" I yell.

We run in a grab a ball and start to pass back and forth as we wait for the coach and the rest of the team.

When the team game we had starting working on some drills.

But we were distracted by people laughing and messing around.

"Heaven can you go tell them were practicing and to be quiet?" Coach asked me.

"Yes ma'am." I say. I got out the gym and into the hall to see the cheerleaders flipping around and doing cheers in the hallway.

"Hey!" I yell.

They all stop and look at me.

"Shut the hell up were trying to practice in here." I say pointing to the gym.

"Or what?" Chloe asked.

"Or I'll rip that bow out your head and some hair along with it. Or i can go get my coach considering she sent me out her to tell you all to shut up, and I'm sure you don't want my coach to tell yours and have you guys run a lot." I say.

They all stay quiet.

Its a thing at our school if another sport disrupts our practice they take it up with their coach and they have to run.

And by disrupt I mean being loud like them or doing dumb shit. Your aloud to come in and ask a question or watch us practice but if you join in or mess us up or be too loud or whatever you get in trouble.

I flip them off and go back inside.

"Thank you." Coach said.

I smile and nod at her.

We line up in our hitting lines except our passers and setters.

Basically were doing this drill that's similar to pepper (pepper is where you bump, set, spike).

There's our right side hitters, or middle hitter, and our outside hitters.

Since I'm libero, the best passer, I was in my passing position.

I would pass the ball to the settlement and the setter would call out, A, B, or C. Outside hitter is B, middle hitter is A, and Right side is C.

When she calls out the letter she would set it to that spot and the hitter would spike it to the other side where our other passers who have to yell, "got it, or mine" and they would bump it up to the setter and the setter would just catch it and throw it back to coach.

This drill is to focus on our control and our communication.

(In the last book I knew nothing about soccer that's why it was kinda bad, but I play volleyball so it won't be terrible like the soccer game)

The coach threw the ball to me.

"Got it." I yelled and I passed it to the setter, which is Cherish.

"A!" She yelled and she passed it to the middle. The hitter did her approach, jumped, brought her arm back and swung down.

"Got it!" Zoey yelled as she drives for the ball, passing it to the setter who caught it and threw it to coach.

We aren't allowed to let the ball touch the ground, we have to go for it and get it up to the setter. Setter ways gets second touch and if setter doesn't either set it or bump it to the middle of the court or get it to your closest hitter.

If we don't call the ball, or if we let the ball hit the floor, if we make any mistakes coach will make us run.

We are super strict here when it comes to sports. Were the best of the best and we wanna keep it that way.

Our school has winning streaks for multiple different sports, we have lots of world and state championships that we have won, and we have plenty of good sportsman ship awards, we don't want to loose that.

Practice was really good today but I was quite hungry and couldn't wait to get home.

When I changed and headed out to my car where Aspyn waited I saw the football players.

I watched Kio and Evan and smiled.

I looked over at the cheerleaders to see Raelynn staring at me, I flipped her off and got in the car and went home.

XxxParisBeaties 🥰