Promises

Heaven's POV

*couple hours later*

I was laying in bed, Kio next to me.

Everyone else who didn't live here besides Lucia slept in one of the guestrooms with a roommate or no roommate.

I heard the front door open and I quickly but carefully got out of bed so I didn't wake up Kio.

Walking over, I look out my window and see Raelynn and I watch her for a bit curious as to what she was doing.

Was she leaving?

I walk out my room and head downstairs and out the front door.

Raelynn looked over as she heard the door open and I quietly closed the door.

" Hey." I said softly sitting next to her, and I placed my hands on my knees.

" Sorry. I didn't mean to wake anyone." She said, looking ahead of her.

I shrugged my shoulders.

" I was awake when you walked out here anyway. I just thought maybe you wanted to be alone for a little."

She shook my head.

We remained in a silence for a few minutes, both of us just staring at the darkness in front of us.

" I can't believe she's gone." I heard her whisper.

" Me either."

" I thought we were helping. I thought we were doing good. But all we did was cause people more pain than was needed." she cried.

" We were doing good, just like my mom said. We helped a lot of people gain the courage to talk about their stories and what they've been through. Linda just couldn't handle the pain she was going through. We can't continue to blame ourselves for something that in reality we couldn't control." I said putting a hand on her shoulder.

She looked over to me before looking up into the sky.

" What do you think she's feeling is she's up there?" she asked.

I looked up into the sky.

" I can't say for sure. But I hope she's pain free, and much happier. Nobody deserve to go through the type of pain that makes you actually pull the trigger." I said, my voice getting hoarse.

Tears started brimming in my eyes.

She scooted closer to me and held out a comforting hand for me to take.

I took her hand into mine

" You know if I'm being honest, I was watching you from the window." I slightly chuckled.

She looked at me with a confused look. " What?" she chuckled.

" Yeah. I thought you were going to end up leaving."

she shook her head.

" I'm not going to lie, I thought about it. But I feel like if I left I would just be letting people down, and I'm done doing that. I know the feeling of being let down and it doesn't feel good."

I looked at her.

" It takes time, but one day those won't be your thoughts. You'll be able to cope differently."

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

" Has anyone told you that you could be a motivational speaker."

I laughed.

" So I've been told."

She chuckled as we both went back to looking in front of us.