Ray of happiness

Raelynn's POV

" Mom?" I breathed out in shock. 

She stopped at the end of the driveway looking at me with tears in her eyes. 

" Hi baby." She smiled. 

A bunch of emotions, and thoughts started to rush through my head. 

I thought the anger had subsided, but seeing her just made the anger grow. 

" What are you doing here?" I questioned. 

She started to walk towards me as the man that was with her stayed behind. 

When she started to get closer I took a huge step back, signaling for her to stop. 

" Raelynn, honey. I just needed to see you. I've missed you so much." 

I scoffed. " You've missed me? Really?"

" Of course baby. You kids are my world." She cried holding a hand to her chest. 

I looked into her eyes, squinting. 

Was my mother high?

Her eyes were blood shot beyond belief, she was skinner than ever. 

I looked over to the man that had come with her. 

Honestly he looks like some of the guys I've ran into downtown when I was on my shit. 

He was very broad, muscular. He looked like he tried to dress nice, exactly like my mother. But they both wore clothes that were wrinkled and stained beyond belief. 

The man also had a scar above his right eye, and some tattoos covering his knuckles. 

" I want you to leave." I whispered harshly. 

She looked at me with a confused face tears still streaming down her face. 

" Babygirl. Come on it's me. Your mom."

I shook my head. 

" I don't know who you are, but you are not my mom. My mother would never show up here at the place she abandoned her family high off her ass with her new boyfriend." I said throwing my hand up towards the guy. 

She looked back at the guy then to me. 

" Baby.." She said taking a step towards me. 

I help up my hand taking another step back. 

" Please go." I pleaded. 

I didn't wait any longer to hear her pleading. I turned around and walked up my porch to my front door. Using my house key I quickly unlocked the door, and rushed in.

Slamming the door behind me, I slid down it taking deep breaths in and out. 

~~~

* a couple of days later*

We were all sitting at lunch, while everyone was chatting around me I was zoned off into my own little world. 

It had been a couple of days since my mother had showed up at my front door with her drug dealing boyfriend. 

I hadn't told anyone, not even Kaliyah and dad. 

We had the big ski trip coming up tomorrow, and I didn't want to put any of them in a bad mood. 

" Raelynn?" Somebody said snapping there fingers in front of my face.

" Yeah." I said shaking my head.

I looked around to see everyone staring at me. 

" You good?" Charlotte questioned. 

I shook my head putting on a smile. 

" Yeah. I'm just tired." 

They all shook theirs heads going back to conversation. 

There was one pair of eyes that were still staring holes into me. And of course they were Asher's. 

I wasn't fooling him. 

He knew there was something wrong. 

He let it slide, but I knew he was gonna ask about it later.

~~~

School was finally over, and I was beyond ready to go home. 

These past few days have just not been the greatest mentally, but I've been pushing through.

It's just seeing my mom the way she was scared me. She didn't look the same at all.

And that was why I couldn't take any medication that messed with my brain, I didn't want to end up like my mom. 

As soon as I pulled into my driveway my stomach started to flip with excitement. 

There was a very familiar car in my driveway. 

I threw my car in parked, rushing out I left my car door opened and slammed open my front door. 

Running to my living room no one was there, I turned around and ran across the hall to the kitchen. 

Kaliyah, Dad, Sam, and Blakely were all standing there. 

They all turned towards me. 

I excitedly ran up to Sam throwing my arms around his neck. 

He picked me up off of the ground holding me tight. 

" Hey little sis." He chuckled. 

God, I've missed my brother. 

He's was always my favorite sibling, no offense to Kaliyah. He just understood me the most, and was always there when I needed it the most. 

I let go of him, then walked over to Blakely giving her a big hug. 

" I've missed you guys." I whispered. 

" We've missed you too." Sam said as I pulled away. 

I backed away standing next to my dad. That's when I noticed the car seat that sat on the kitchen island. 

I held a confused expression on my face looking from Blakely's stomach to the car seat. 

My eyes instantly went wide as soon as my brain registered what was going on. 

" You had the baby?" I exclaimed. 

Blakely shook her head with a big smile. 

" Can I see her?" I questioned.

She walked over to the car seat unbuckling the seat belt then pulling out a fragile little baby. 

I met her half way holding out my arms. She laid the baby in my arms, as she moved around from being disturbed from her sleep. 

I looked down at the precious little life that was laying in my arms. 

She looked so much like both of them it was amazing. 

I couldn't wait to have some of my own. 

Obviously not right. I'm way too young, and immature to take care of a tiny little human.  

" What's her name?" I questioned looking up at the both of them. 

" Amora Berlynn Montgomery." Sam said. 

I looked back down to the little baby. 

She was the little ray of happiness I needed in my life right about now.

~~~

XOXO ParisBesties