She's Right

Raelynn's POV

After the entire assembly was over it was actually lunch time, which was a good thing because after all the cheering I just did I was starving. 

The girls and I made our way into the lunch room, and through the line grabbing our food then seating in our normal seat. 

As soon as I sat down my tray I noticed Asher scooting further away from me. Raising an eye brow I sat down next to him. 

I started to eat my fries that were sitting on my tray, still noticing how weird Asher was being. 

" So how was the working on the project last night?" Mack questioned taking one of my fries. 

I shrugged. 

I went to go answer her question but Asher interrupted me.

" Are you sure that was the only thing she was working on?" He whispered looking down at his phone. 

" Excuse me?" 

" Asher what the hell?" Mack exclaimed. 

He rolled his eyes, picking his bag up from under the table. He got up from his seat and stormed out of the cafeteria. 

I gave both Mack and Char and confused as hell expression before getting up and chasing after him. 

Running out of the cafeteria doors, I sped walk catching up to him. 

" What the hell is wrong with you?" I questioned. 

" What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe you should be asking yourself that." He shouted, storming towards me. 

I took a step back slightly frightened by his current state. 

" What are you talking about?"

" You know I don't know what your trying to accomplish here, but I'd rather you not use me to accomplish it." 

" Asher, what the fuck are you talking about?" I shouted. 

" I'm talking about your inability to not lead people on."

At this point I'm so fucking confused, but Imma just go with the flow. 

" Oh, so you mean like you?" I countered.

He looked a taken back for a moment. 

" No, not like me. I'm not the one fucking around with my ex." 

He possibly cannot be talking about last night, can he?

" I'm not fucking around with my ex, so I have no clue what drugs your on but you need to get your facts straight." I said crossing my arms over my chest. 

" Really, so what was lastnight with Jordon?" He raised and eyebrow. 

Oh my fucking god, he was the one in the bushes. I had a feeling someone was there, but I just thought I was being paranoid. 

" So what your stalking me now?"

" No. I was coming to talk to you, but Jordon already beat me to it."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. 

" You know so what if I fucked Jordon lastnight." I screamed. " You wanna know why, because nothing between us would've never worked out. You fuck anything that has two legs and calls itself a girl."

He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

" You really wouldn't know a good guy if he slapped in the face would you?"

I shrugged. " I guess I wouldn't since it's yet to happen." 

He shook his head turning around and rushing out of the school building. 

I stood there looking like a complete idiot for a couple of minuets. 

I couldn't believe that just happened. 

Slapping a hand to my forehead I mentally scolded my self. 

Anytime something good is going I just gotta fuck it up. Why is that the new normal lately?

Turning back down the hall I rushed into the cafeteria and over to my table. 

Both the girls gave me a worried expression as I bent down grabbing my bag off the floor. 

I didn't even bother to explain myself, I just grabbed my bag and stormed off again. 

As I got half down the hall I heard my name being called from a distant. 

Ignoring them, the footsteps got louder behind me as someone grabbed my arm turning me around. 

" Where the hell are you going?" Mack questioned with her hand on my arm. 

" Home." I answered bluntly. 

" You can't fucking go home. You have football. Remember?" 

" I'm not fucking stupid. But they'll be better off without me."

She scoffed, letting go of my arm. " Are you serious? You being apart of that team is one of the only way they can make it to championships."

" No. If I'm on that team they won't make it to championships. They can find someone with more talent then me. I'm a cheer girl, not a football one."

" I don't know what going on with you right now, but you need to snap out of it. Did you see that entire gym when he announced that both of you would be on the team? They supported it because they think you'll do great things for it."

" That was for Heaven." 

She shook her head, rolling her eyes. 

" You really think that nobody fucking cares for you. That's fucking sad."

" No I know I have people that care for me, and that support me that's the problem Mack. I try so hard to make everyone happy, that I'm so scared that I'll screw this up." I explained, honestly. 

" Rae, you are fucking amazing at alot of things, and football is one of them. Have you seen the way you tackle people, or the throwing arm you have. Your not going to cause this team to lose. Your going to help them win."

I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing what to say. I mean on one hand she was right, but I'm just so scared of letting everyone down. 

I tend to screw up alot, and if I join this team that can't be something that happens. I can't be the reason they don't make it to championships. 

Pressing my body against the door I was halfway out the door before I turned back. 

" Mack?" I called as she turned away. 

She turned around with a raised eyebrow. 

" Cover for me. I'll be back for practice." I called.

She shook her head giving me a smile. 

She's right. 

I don't like letting people down, and if I chose not to do this I would be letting the entire football team down already. I would be causing them the chance at championships by not even giving them a real chance. 

And I was not going to let that happen.

~~~

XOXO ParisBesties.