Trying Something New

Raelynn's POV

"Coach this is excruciating." Chloe whined as we finished our last lap, moving into another round of exercises. 

" Shut the trap." Coach yelled. 

I rolled my eyes at Chloe inability to not comment on everything. 

" Time." Coach yelled. 

We all stopped in our tracks, and dropped to the floor trying to catch our breath. 

" Alright. Up on your feet." Coach ordered.

All of us quickly jumped to our feet, holding our hands over or heads. 

" Now go get dressed." She said pointing towards the locker rooms. 

We all looked around in confusion. Pretty sure we all expected to be running again. 

" Why are guys still standing here?" She questioned. 

" Uhh coach I think we're trying to figure out if your joking." I commented. 

She looked around noticing all of our confused faces. 

Technically we still had 30 mins left of practice, and she never left us out early. NEVER. 

" Unless you girls rather keep practicing instead of going to the volleyball game, then we can continue." She pointed to the track. 

" NO!" We all shouted in unison.

She chuckled at our seriousness. 

" Then go get dressed, and meet me back here in 10."

We all started to jog towards the locker room. 

I was the first one at the door, I quickly threw it open as everyone came trailing behind me. 

Using my shirt I wipe the sweat off of my forehead, twisting in the combination in my lock. 

" So why do you think she let us out early?" Char asked opening her locker which was next to mine. 

I shrugged my shoulders, pulling my sweat drenched shirt over my head. 

" Maybe she wanted to do something nice for us." I suggested. 

Grabbing my cheer bag out of my locker I pulled out my change of clothes, which consisted of grey sweatpants, and a black crop tank. 

Not really wanting to change my shorts, I pulled the sweatpants over them, then threw the tank over my head.

I pulled my hair out of its bun, reliving the tension that was on my scalp. Shaking my head around I let the hair fall down past my shoulders, not caring to do anything with it.

" Ready?' Char asked pulling her bag over her shoulder. 

I shook my head doing the same as I slammed my locker closed. 

We walked out of the doors and over to where some of the other girls stood. 

Taking my phone out of my bag pocket I open my messages between Mack. 

Me: Are you coming tonight?

Mack: Yeah I'm already here. I'll meet you in the gym. 

I responded with a simple thumbs up emoji before putting my phone in my sweatpants pocket. 

" Everyone here?" Coach asked, walking over from the bleachers.

We all shook our head looking around.

" Alright, lets head over." She nodded, starting to walk towards the school.

~~~

We were halfway through the volleyball game, and so far it looks like our school was going to be winning this one. 

Well they were taking there quick break I was taking a quick bladder break. 

I flushed the toilet using my foot, because let's face it school bathrooms are absolutely disgusting. 

Opening the stall door, I walked over to the sink looking up in the mirror as I washed my hands. As I rinsed my hands I heard another toilet flush, and out came Paris walking over to the sink. 

I looked back giving her a small smile as I dried my hands.

" This must be your first time at a volleyball game. Unless I just haven't seen you at one." Paris said scrubbing the soap on her hands.

" Uh no. It's my first time. I thought I'd just try something new." I answered. 

" That's good. You need a little new in your life every once in a while."

I chuckled a little at that statement. 

She wasn't wrong though. 

"Yeah. Your not wrong. Well I better get going. Sounds like the games starting again." I said pointing out the sound of the crowd cheering. 

She but a small smile of her face shaking her head. 

" Hey Rae. I know we aren't as close as we used to be, but please don't hesitate to call if you need to talk about anything." Paris said, stopping me from opening the door.

I looked back giving a appreciative smile. 

" Thanks." 

I swung open the door walking back into the gym. 

I carefully walked to the other side of the gym, making sure to keep out of the way of the game going on. 

Climbing up the bleachers I made my way over to the girls who were watching the game intently. 

" I could get down on this." Mack said, laughing.

" Mack you can barely walk straight." I commented. 

This earned a very harsh glare from Mack. 

" It's not my fault." She pouted. 

" Then who's fault is it?" Char asked raising an eyebrow. 

" My feet." 

I looked at her dumbfounded. Did she, of course she did. 

" Mack, that's part of you. Your brain controls that dumbass." 

She rolled her eyes ignoring my insult. 

" Whatever. This game is almost over, and I have some stuff in my car. You want to head out there?" She whispered. 

I looked around the gym, at all players on the court, then my eyes finally landed on Paris walking up the bleachers. 

" No I'm good."

Both Mack and Char turned their head looking at me completely shocked. 

" Did she just..?" Mack stuttered turning towards Char. 

" I think she did."

" Oh shut up." I exclaimed. 

" What? You just turned down bud, and you want us to act like we aren't shocked?" Mack shrieked. 

" I'm just trying something different, instead of smoking all the time." 

" Whatever floats your boat." Mack said still looking at me strangely. 

" Then why are you still looking at me like that?" I question.

" Because I'm still wondering if an alien took over your body." She whispered. 

I rolled my eyes, shoving her arm causing her to laugh. 

She's so stupid. 

~~~

XOXO ParisBesties