Talks

Heaven's POV

I texted mom and asked her if I could stay at Cherish's house with Lucia and she said she didn't care as long as I got to school on time.

I didn't have to go home to get clothes because I could just wear hers.

We were sitting in her room watching TV as Lucia was braiding my hair.

"Are you guys ready for the game tomorrow?" Cherish asked.

"Yeah." Lucia said.

"I guess." I say.

"You guess?" Cherish asked me.

I shrugged. "I feel like I'm gonna mess everything up for us."

Lucia wacked my head. "As captain you shouldn't be talking like that."

"Why do you think that?" Cherish asked.

"I don't know, after today I'm not so sure I'm ready to play in the game." I said.

"After the shit that happened to you and you still came to school, still came to practice, sure you struggled at the beginning but then you got your head back in the game, I could never do that so quickly." Cherish said.

"Right. Your the best player on the team. The best passer. Embrace it and don't you ever think that or bring yourself down otherwise I'm gonna have to beat that ass." Lucia said.

I laughed. "Thanks."

"Don't thank us yet." Cherish said.

"Can we order some Mexican food? I'm hungry." Lucia said.

I laughed. "I could really go for a steak burrito." I said.

"Mexican it is then." Cherish said as she grabbed her phone and dialed the number.

When we order Mexican we always get the same thing, steak nachos, steak burrito, and pork tacos and we share with one another.

When our food arrived I brought it up to the room while Lucia got the drinks and Cherish got some other snacks.

They met me up in the room and we sat on her bed with blankets and watching our tv show.

I love hanging out with my girls. They always know how to cheer me up, and their always the first ones by my side.

"Oh, I saw Raelynn this morning, she was crying in her car." I said.

"Oh did you see it?" Lucia asked.

"See what?" I questioned.

"The video you recorded, it was all over Instagram, and the comments about the two were pretty bad. That's probably why she was crying and Im surprised Jordan stayed at school all day. I could never." Cherish said.

"He looked unaffected and emotionless, guys are better at hiding how they really feel and I could tell that deep down it actually hurt him." Lucia said.

I thought about what Lucia had just said.

'Emotionless.'

That's how Evan was. Maybe he did care, he was just trying to hide it.

Boys don't like people seeing them cry, it makes them "weak" apparently.

Maybe Evan was truly hurt and broken and he thought about what mom and dad said and wanted to hide it to be strong for me and Aspyn since he's a "man" even if he's the youngest.

I agreed with my parents at the time, I mean I still do but now... I think they may have been a bit to harsh on my little brother.

He could be going through something and I may not know and as his older sister, as his twin, his other half, I should be there for him.