Bright Side

Raelynn's POV

Waking up this morning I had the sun beaming through my windows.

I sat up in my bed and stretched my arms looking at how clear the sky was.

Today was going to be a different day. I felt it in the pit of my stomach.

After I had gotten the guts to actually open the door last night he conversation with my mom didn't go so bad. There was a lot of tears shed, and jokes made.

But after we both agreed to talk to each more, and that there was no secrets in the house. To go along with no secrets was no judgment.

After the talk we wiped our eyes and watched a bunch of horror movies, and smacked on a whole lot of popcorn.

I jumped out of bed and walked to my closet picking out an outfit for the day.

After getting dressed I applied a good coat of deodorant, and my vanilla body spray.

Setting the bottle down I walked to my bathroom, brushing my teeth before moving on to my hair.

I ran the brush through my hair making sure it ran smoothly through, before throwing it up in a half ponytail, pulling out a couple of pieces of hair to frame my face.

I took the me finally look in the mirror, actually happy with the way I looked.

I put on a bright smile on my face grabbing my phone and cheer bag, skipping down the stairs.

Making a turn into the kitchen I spotted both of my parents sipping their morning coffee reading the paper.

" Hey guys." I greeted grabbing a water bottle.

" Well hey there honey. You look happy today." My mom smiled.

" I guess you could say I am."

It was true. I felt better than I had in years.

" That great sweetheart." My dad said, giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

I watched as my dad walked out of the kitchen leaving just my mom and I.

Twisting off the lid off my water I took a sip to take away from the silence.

" Hey listen. I was wondering if you wanted to go do something fun after cheer practice?" My mom asked breaking the silence.

" Actually I was think of asking the girls if they wanted to stay and watch the volleyball game. I thought it might be interesting to watch."

Her face dropped slightly in disappointment.

" But I can just go to the next one if you want." I quickly added.

" No you go honey. We can do something this weekend." She said putting a smile back on her face.

I shook my head, picking up my water and getting ready to leave.

" Hey mom?"

" Yeah sweetheart?" She asked turning around on her chair.

" I have homecoming in 3 weeks. Maybe this weekend you could help me pick out a dress." I suggested.

This brought the brightest smile to my moms face.

" I would love that."

I smiled happy that I made her happy.

I waved a quick hand at her walking out the front door to my car.

' Sometimes you just have to look at the bright side of things.'

That's the motto I've been repeating in my head every since I seen it last night.

It was good advice but hard for someone like me to do.

~~~

Parking my car, I got out and made my way up to the front of the school where my friends stood.

I felt the stares that came from others and even the whispers.

The news that Jordon has cheated was now all over the school, and so was the video. But I'm not going to let some people that don't even know me get to me.

" Hey guys." I smiled, getting the attention of the twins and Charlotte.

" Hey." Mack said with a confused expression.

" Where were you yesterday?" Charlotte questioned.

" I wasn't feeling well. I just stayed home." I shrugged.

" Coach was pissed, but I covered for you."

" Thanks."

She shook her head.

" So how are you really?" Mack questioned.

My gaze fell onto Asher who keep his gaze to the floor.

" I'm fine." I answered honestly.

" Are you sure?" Both the girls asked at the same time.

" Yeah. I promise."

" Good. I don't like you being sad." Mack said making a sad face.

" Well I'm better now you don't have to worry. But I was wondering if you guys wanted to go to the volleyball game that was tonight?"

They both gave me a shocked expression.

Which was a valid expression to give. I was shocked with myself, but I thought it might be fun to go to.

" Ahh sure. I mean maybe just us girls though . I don't think Asher coming would be a good idea. He would just look at the girls butts." Mack whispered the last part.

Char and I both busted out laughing looking at the horrible glare Mack was getting from Asher.

" Your a bitch you know that." He rolled his eyes.

" Yeah I know. I'm related to you. It explains it." Mack insulted.

Asher huffed stomping away like a little child.

This caused all of us to bust out in a laugh again.

" Sometimes I can't believe your related to him." Char commented.

" Me either." Mack sighed.

" I can. Your exactly like him just a female." I added, earning a slap in the arm.

I held my arm where Mack hit me.

" Hey. What was that for?" I shrieked.

" That was for saying I'm exactly like him."

I was about to say something when Char cut in.

" Okay let's get to class. We don't need you guys getting into your little car fights."

She threw her arm around both of our shoulders pulling us along.

As we walked into the school a lot of the students whispered and stared at me like I had something all over my face.

" Just ignore them." Char whispered.

I looked her in the face and shook my head with a light smile.

' Bright side of things, Bright side of things Rae.'

I kept repeating to myself over and over.

~~~~

XOXO ParisBesties