Homecoming Tears

Raelynn's POV

* Couple of days later*

I was sitting in my bedroom floor on this lovely Thursday morning looking in my tall mirror with tears flowing down my face. 

Every since everything with my mom has happened this seems to be the routine. Every morning after I would get ready I would take a deep breath trying to suppress the tears that I could feel in the pit of my stomach. 

It's not the whole my parents on a break thing, I mean it is because the idea of my family possibly breaking apart is horrifying. But the main reason I was doing this was because on social media my mother had been posting about how she's at her happiest peak in life right now. And that happiest peak didn't include me or anyone else. 

 Wiping the tears off my face I forced a smile. 

Today was not the day to be sad. It was Heaven and I's first football game, also the day before homecoming. These were supposed to be happy days, not sad. 

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs, walking straight out the front door and to my car. 

Normally I would've already been at school by this time, but Coach gave us the morning off from our little 'practice' since it was game day. 

Starting my car I pulled out of my driveway, and started my drive towards the school. 

A couple of minutes later I pulled into the front parking lot of the school and into my normal parking spot. 

Getting out of the car I slammed my door shut and starting walking towards the courtyard. 

Walking past a group of boys I seen Asher standing there talking to some boys off the team. 

He caught my eye, nodding them a quick goodbye then running towards me. 

" Hey gorgeous." He smiled pulling his bag up his arm. 

I gave him a small smile as we continued to walk. 

" Hey are you okay?" He questioned with a worried look, placing his hand around my upper arm. 

I turned around nodding my head with a smile. 

He looked deeper into my eyes, knowing I was lying. 

" Raelynn. Are you okay?" He asked again placing both of his hands on either side of my head. 

" I'm fine." I assured him.

" Good." He smiled placing a big slobbery kiss on my forehead.

I pulled away giving him a disgusted look as I wiped my forehead. 

" Because it's game day baby." He shouted walking away.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I turned to follow him. 

~~~

School was over and I started to feel the nausea build in my stomach as I walked to the football lockers with Charlotte by my side with our coffee in hand. 

Before actually going to the lockers rooms I walked over with Char to where the cheer team was sitting on the field. 

" Hey girls." I greeted. 

" Hey!" They shouted in sync. 

" You guys ready for today?"

" Of course. But we wish you were able to cheer with us." One of the girls said sadly.

All the girls shook their heads in agreement with saddened expressions. 

" Hey. I better see those frowns turn around. You guys are going to go out on that field and cheer your little butts off without me, and do amazing. Do you understand me?" I said, trying to hype them up.