Chapter One Hundred and Seven

"But if Voldemort's trying to recruit more Death Eaters, it's bound to get out that he's come back, isn't it?" asked Harry desperately.
"Voldemort doesn't march up to people's houses and bang on their front doors, Harry," said Sirius. "He tricks, jinxes, and blackmails them. He's well-practiced at operating in secrecy. In any case, gathering followers is only one thing he's interested in, he's got other plans too, plans he can put into operation very quietly indeed, and he's concentrating on them at the moment."
"What's he after apart from followers?" Harry asked swiftly.
Sirius and Remus exchanged a look before Sirius said, "Stuff he can only get by stealth. Like a weapon. Something he didn't have last time."
"When he was powerful before?"
"Yes."
"Like what kind of weapon?" said Harry, "Something worse than the Avada Kedavra — ?"
"That's enough." Mrs. Weasley spoke from the shadows beside the door, her sudden appearance making me jump.
"I want you in bed, now. All of you," she added.
"You can't boss us —" Fred began.
"Watch me," snarled Mrs. Weasley, before turning to Sirius, shaking slightly, "You've given Harry plenty of information. Any more and you might just as well induct him into the Order straightaway."
"Why not?" said Harry quickly. "I'll join, I want to join, I want to fight —"
"No." Lupin said, his calm voice offering no room for argument, "The Order is comprised only of overage wizards," he said. "Wizards who have left school," he added, as Fred and George opened their mouths. "There are dangers involved of which you can have no idea, any of you ... I think Molly's right, Sirius. We've said enough."
Sirius half-shrugged but did not argue. Mrs. Weasley gestured to the door, staring each of us down until we gave up and left the table.

"You go ahead" I said, avoiding Fred's eye, "I just need one moment"
"Okay, just don't melt at my mum's glare" he teased, carrying on towards the staircase.
I stopped beside Sirius, avoiding Molly's continued staring.
"Could I talk to you for a moment? Privately?"
Sirius looked at me for a moment, nodding only moments later, "of course. Lead the way"
Molly tried to stop us as we left, but I held up my hands placatingly, "It's not about this, Mrs Weasley. It'll be a few minutes at most"
She frowned, but ultimately couldn't stop me from leaving with Sirius, instead following the rest up the stairs.
I walked through the corridor, dipping into a recently cleaned room and closing the room gently.
"This is going to sound crazy, but I need you to trust me"
"Okay"

"I want you to teach me to turn into an animagus"Sirius' eyes widened slightly, "Emily-""I know it's a lot, but you had done it by my age! I wa- I need to be useful for the order and I think this could be a useful thing to know""Remus just said yo...

Sirius' eyes widened slightly, "Emily-"
"I know it's a lot, but you had done it by my age! I wa- I need to be useful for the order and I think this could be a useful thing to know"
"Remus just said you can only join after leaving school"
"I know that, but the process takes a long time, right? I've been researching it all summer. Besides, we're in a war and those rules might change. I should be ready for if they do"
He seemed to consider this, looking into my eyes before sighing, "You're set on this"
"Absolutely" I nodded, "I was going to try and teach myself, but I remembered that you can turn into Padfoot and I- please"
Another long sigh escaped him, the man massaging his temples, "And it's only you that wants to do this?"
"The others don't know" I confirmed, "I don't - I don't want them to. Fred and George need to focus on their shop, it's been their dream since they were kids. Not to mention Mrs Weasley would hate me forever. I would ask Lee but he'd snitch in a heartbeat, plus he's got enough going on trying to get top marks in his NEWTs"
Sirius just nodded, running a hand through his hair, "it won't be an easy process. It takes a month, and that's before you even collect the items you need"
"I want to do this"
"Okay. I'll help... but not a word to Molly" he said, looking around warily, "that woman scares the shit out of me"
I huffed a laugh, "She's good at that"
Sirius nodded, looking at the wall contemplating for a moment, before turning to face me, "I'll come find you at some point tomorrow, bring some parchment. I'll tell you everything we did - oh, plus a tip to make the taste of the mandrake leaf much more bearable"
I smiled, pulling him into a hug, "You're the best. Thanks"
"No problem, kid. You better run back now though, before Molly comes storming in here"
"That's a good point" I laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow"