Chapter Five

"That's besides the point! Lee I swear to god I will smite you"
"Try me. I can take you down in a heartbeat honey"
"Don't honey me, sweetheart"
"Don't sweetheart me shnookums"
"Really? shnookums? That's the best you could do?"
"Stop laughing at me! That was a good one!"
"Lee you're killing me please stop oh my god" I cried, clutching the side of my stomach as I laughed. A pissed off Lee stood in front of me, arms crossed with a large frown morphing his features. He looked seconds away from stomping his foot like a toddler.
"Uh- you okay?" Fred asked, cautiously approaching his two friends.
"Lee - oh my god I can't" I wheezed, now falling on the floor. Fred chuckled at my actions, causing Lee to frown even more.
"It's not funny!"
"Lee what did you say to her??" Fred asked, fully confused.
"We were doing trash talk and I said shnookums"
As I heard it again, a new ripple of laughter ripped through me, making me now roll around on the grass in pain from the lack of air in my lungs. Fred just looked at Lee with disappointment.
"Shnookums? Really Lee? That's the best thing you could think of? I'm disowning you"
"It's not bad!" Lee cried indignantly.
Once I gathered my breath enough I leant against the large tree, the tear tracks still obvious on my face.
"Aw I love you Lee" I sang happily, dragging him down towards me and into a hug. Fred looked at us with a smile before jumping next to me and slotting himself under my arm.
"Hey gorgeous" he flirted, sending an overly exaggerated wink up at me, his head now resting on my lap. A slight blush crossed my cheeks but I kept up my cheeky grin.
"Look at me, hugging my two favourite boys"
George came over just in time to catch that.
"Emily! What about me! I'm your favourite too right?"
"Of course you are Georgina! Come in here!" I laughed, pulling him into the hug.

After about an hour of hanging around by the tree, the twins had to run off to Quidditch practice, leaving Lee and I alone. I adjusted my position so that my head was resting on Lee's legs, and I absentmindedly fiddled with my wand, staring at the details.
"Hey Lee?"
"Yes?"
"Do you like anyone?"
"Umm yes? Why are you asking?"
"Beth asked me today so it's stuck in my head I guess"
"Who do you like?"
"Still not telling you" I teased, sticking my tongue out.
"Well then why would I tell you" he replied, with equal amounts of sass.
"Okay fine how about you describe them for me"
"Fine I guess. They've got really pretty eyes. They're smart and funny and have wonderful hair. They can sing, not like the 'oh that was lovely' but like the 'oh my god sing until I die please' kind of voice. They can always make me smile even though we only talk like twice a week..." he trails off, thoughtfully staring at the sky with a slight smile on his face. I grinned, happy that he'd found someone he really liked.
"When you're comfortable enough to tell me who it is, please do. I'd like to thank them for making you this happy - if this is what you're like just thinking about them, imagine how happy you'd be together"
This made Lee laugh, poking my cheek in a playful manner "what about you chick?"
"Okay well. He's funny and charismatic. He has this smile that's just - infectious. He's really smart as well. Not in the traditional sense, but I know he's going to do great things," I let out a sigh, quietly transforming leaves into little birds and back again, "even though he doesn't have an accent as such -" Lee laughed at this, knowing I had a soft spot for a Scottish accent, "he's perfect"
"Why don't you ask this guy out then?"
"Why don't you ask your person out?"
"Touché"
I let out a weak chuckle, before looking up and meeting his eyes.
"It would never work though" I added.
"Why?"
"Pretty sure he doesn't see me that way"
"Well, you never know till you ask"
I snorted, "what a wise one you've become young Jordan"
"Why thank you shnookums"
And just like that I set off again.