Chapter Eighty Seven

We were halfway through our dinner when a knock at the door had Molly jumping out of her seat, exchanging a loaded glance with Arthur, before going to open it.
"Good evening Molly, I'm sorry to intrude this late"
"It's not a problem, please do come in both of you"
I shoulder bumped Fred, sending him a confused look as Professor Lupin and Mad Eye Moody stepped through the door, guided to the already crowded table by Molly.
"Gentleman" Arthur greeted, nodding his head at them cordially.
"Arthur"
A tense silence settled over the previously lively table, broken when Ron pointed at Mad Eye Moody with his fork, "Are you actually yourself this time? Or are you another crazy death eater we have to fight?"
"Ronald!" Molly hissed, slapping him with a tea towel, glaring at the rest of us as we burst into laughter.
Moody smirked, mechanical eye spinning to face Ron, "No evil wizards this time, son. But good vigilance on your part"
Seemingly thankful for the lightened mood, Remus laughed, stepping further into the room, "Im sure you all have some questions"

I looked at the fireplace longingly, "why can't we just floo there?"
"It's traceable because this is a domestic house" Hermione replied, "the ministry would know where we went - it kinda ruins the whole point"
I levelled her with an unimpressed look, "Yeah well you're forgetting that I can apparate there. You're the one who's having to take the train"
She sneered at me, Ron holding back a laugh as he watched our interaction.
Molly came out of the kitchen, suitcase no doubt filled with supplies.
"Alright" she said, looking at Fred, George, Lee and I, "You're going to go with Moody and I. The rest of you are taking the train to London with Remus and Arthur"
"I'm actually not old enough to use my magic yet-" Lee began, cutting off as George grabbed his arm.
"I can take you with me. I'm pretty good at this apparating business"
Molly looked at George considering my for a second, before shaking her head and turning to talk to Ron, Hermione and Ginny.
"Apparating side by side, huh" I whispered, leaning into Fred's side as we looked at Lee and George, "Think he can handle it?"
"Well, we did graduate that tests top of our class" Fred replied, wiggling his eyebrows.
"Show off"
"Okay - apparating group with me!" Moody called, walking outside, "Bring your bags!"
I looked over to the other group waving smugly at Hermione, "See you soon"
I picked up my bags, following Fred out of the door and towards the tall grass that surrounds the Burrow.
"Here's where we're going" Moody said, showing us all a photograph and a written address, "When we get there, you follow me. Understood?"
"Yes sir" I saluted, giggling when Fred poked me in the armpit, slapping his hand away.
"Bet I can beat you there"
"It's not a race, Freddie. Besides -" I got up on my tiptoes, leaning in to whisper in his ear, "I want to see how that turns out"
Fred glanced at me questioningly, before following my eyeline to George and Lee, arguing about the easiest way to side-apparate.
"- smaller than me, so your arm should go over mine!" George insisted, moving Lee's hand, "See? It's more comfortable"
"You're not going to win this George! Just-"
"At this rate I'm just going to jump on your back and go that way"
Lee stared at him, his eyes clearly communicating what a bad idea he thought it was, "No! That's a quick dive in to getting splinched! Do you want us to die?"
Fred sniggered beside me, "Yeah, this is much more entertaining to watch"

I appeared in the square with a loud crack, landing just behind Moody, Mrs Weasley appearing on my right, placing her bag down with a small huff.
"You alright dear?"
"Yes, thanks Molly"
Fred arrived a second later, almost on top of me, sending me skidding out of the way.
"Tryna run me over?"
"Squish you more like" he smiled, throwing his arm around my shoulder, "Where's the old couple?"
Just as he said that, Lee and George appeared a few feet away, stumbling forwards. Noticing the audience, George straightened his back immediately, clearing his throat, "See? Easy as pie"
Lee just gave him a glare, elbowing him in the side as he walked towards the group.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"Calling me fat, you bitch"

Moody cleared his throat, watching the two with a considering look on his face, "Are you quite done?"
"Oh- yes. Sorry" Lee coughed, "On we go"
Moody huffed, turning his back on us and beginning to tap his walking stick rhythmically on the ground. I watched with wide eyes as a building appeared in front of us, Moody hobbling up to the door and pushing it open with a grimace.
We followed behind him, my eyes adjusting to the darkened corridors.
"Oh! That's quite dusty" Molly laughed uncomfortably, eyeing up a large prominent cobweb in the corner of the hallway, hand already inching towards her wand.
"Yeah, well, this place isn't exactly known for its inviting nature"

I perked up at the familiar voice, racing past the group and towards the shaggy-haired man

"Sirius!" I cheered, pulling him into a hug, "You're looking far better than the last time I saw you"
He smiled, eyes shining, "Remus has been looking after me well, I assure you. Molly! I haven't seen you since you had Bill - when Gideon dragged you out to meet with Fabian and the old gang"
Slightly tearing up at the mention of her late brothers, Molly huffed a laugh, "Come here"
She quickly pulled him into a hug, faffing with his hair, "You really must let me give you a haircut while we're here"
"Lay off mum!" Fred laughed, punching Sirius lightly on the shoulder, "You're treating him like you treat Bill"
"Yeah, his hairs cool" George added, "Makes him look ragged"
Lee sniggered, winking overdramatically, "He's one sexy man"
Molly held back a smile, swatting the children away.
"Order in the house" Moody called jokingly, limping towards the kitchen, "Put your bags in the rooms upstairs - the others will be a while still"