Chapter Seventy Six

"Harry's finally finding out what the task is this evening" Hermione said, running her hand anxiously through her hair, "McGonagall told him to go to the Quidditch field"
"I'm not surprised" I hummed thoughtfully, "it must have been flattened for a reason - the only question is why"
"I think it's going to have something built on it"  Ron chimed in, words muffled thorough the last of his Hogsmeade chocolate.
"No shit, big man" Fred laughed
"It's almost like that's using common sense" George continued, eyes wide.
"Bog off" Ron frowned, shoving the twins away with a huff.
"Aw don't be a spoilsport Ronnikins" Lee grinned, "They're only teasing"
"Yes well what's new" Hermione sighed, staring adamantly at the door, "that's not helping the fact that Harry's last task is getting closer and closer"
"H, he'll be fine. He's managed the first two pretty well - I'm sure if he can beat dragons and mermaids, he can take on whatever's next" I said, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.
Hermione's lip tilted in to a small smile, "That sounds like that rhyme, there's dragons and mermaids and spells, oh my!"
The four boys looked at each other in confusion as we burst into giggles, repeating the segment over and over.

"What does it mean?" George hissed, eyes wide, "is it some kind of muggle curse?""They can't do magic idiot - maybe it's a chant" frowned Fred, "it's kind of catchy too""What happens if we join in

"They can't do magic idiot - maybe it's a chant" frowned Fred, "it's kind of catchy too"
"What happens if we join in..." Ron asked hesitantly, Lee backing him up with enthusiastic agreement.
"Cant be much different to babbling bumbling bunch of baboons can it Fred?"
"You're right George"
Hermione and I began giggling even harder as the boys began parroting us, body's bouncing up and down slightly with the movement.
"They're idiots" Hermione mused, watching Ron with a fond expression.
"But they're our idiots"

"Brackium Emendo"
I watched with a grin as the arm returned to it's normal angle, the bone inside fixed and straightened.
"Thanks Emily" Link grinned, wiggling his fingers with a sigh, "I can get Conor back now"
I chuckled at his enthusiasm, "how did he break your arm in the first place?"
"Oh, it was an accident - he pushed me into the trick step and I fell badly"
Shaking my head, I laughed at his misfortune, "Well, just remember there's only one set of twins in this castle that are the kings of pranking"
At this, Link smirked.
"But you'll all be gone after next year, and then Lucinda and I will take over"
"Cocky" I grinned, standing up from beside the bed, "I'm sure they'll give you a few tips before leaving - passing on the legacy"
"I'll look forward to it" he smiled, jumping up from the bed, "Thanks again for fixing my arm"
"No problem kid. You were my last patient, so count yourself lucky"
I watched as Link left, Madam Pomfrey walking over to me from where she had been stood rearranging the medical cupboard.
"You've done well over these past few months" Pomfrey said, her voice holding a pleasantly surprised tone, "So I will be expecting you at the medical tent during the last trial next week, okay?"
"Of course" I said, a teasing smile on my face, "I would be honoured"
"Don't go getting smart about it" she huffed, fixing me with an amused glare.
"You know you love me really, Poppy" I grinned, quickly pulling her into a hug and stumbling away with a laugh as she pushed me away with a teasing hiss.
"It's Madam Pomfrey to you - insolent child"
I chuckled, shaking my head as she walked away, finishing writing up the day's report.
"I'll see you at the task then!" I called, waving at the office as I left.

On my way back to the common room I was shoved out of the way by a running Harry, an apologetic shout thrown over his shoulder.
Narrowing my eyes in confusion, I was about to shout back at him when Dumbledore passed me at an equally rushed pace, his usual demure smile on his face.
"What the hell has he done now" I sighed, shaking my head as I sped up my walking speed, bursting through the portrait with a tired sigh.
"Harry's back on his bullshit" I announced, flopping on top of Fred and George, "he was getting chased down by Dumbledore in the corridors"
"What - Dumbedore was running?" Lee asked, eyes wide, "I didn't think the old man could"
"Of course he wasn't running" Fred snorted, hand resting on my head, "he was probably just floating across the floor a bit faster than usual"
"How old is he anyway" George asked, a frown marring his features, "he's been around for... well forever"
A bout of silence settled over us as we considered the question.
"He was here when my parents came" Lee said.
"And taught here when our grandparents were students" Fred added.
"So he must be, like, old" George summarised, slight awe seeping into his expression.
"How has he not gone mad yet"
My question hung in the air for a few moments before we all dissolved into laughter.
"He's the maddest man I know" Lee howled, clutching his stomach, "and we're friends with these bastards"
"Hey!"
"Hey!"