Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen

"You four, you're going with Remus to get rid of that boggart"
Fred gasped, shaking my arm, "We're finally gonna get that lesson!"
"Beat you there!" George yelled, running off down the hallway, the three of us close behind.
"Don't go in until he gets there!" Molly called after us, voice unheard.

"Well he's not here, we could just have a look right?" Lee suggested, testing the doorknob.
"What's the worst that could happen?" I added, "it's not like they... I don't know, show you your worst nightmare. If we let it get out it could cause hell"
Fred just smiled, placing his hands on my shoulders, "Then we won't let it get out"
"You've got to be at least a little curious" George grinned, pushing the door open.
The cabinet rattled loudly in the corner, Lee shutting the door behind us with a resounding snap.
"So... who's gonna open it?" I asked, before quickly throwing my arms in the air, "Bugsy not me"
The twins immediately copied me, leaving Lee frowning at us.
"You all suck"
He walked carefully over to the cabinet, sending one last pleading look over his shoulder before opening the cabinet, stumbling back a few feet.
"Oh fuck"
A resounding pop echoed through the room, a large foot slamming down on to the floor.
"Really?" I snorted, looking at Lee's frightened face, "Your biggest fear is bigfoot?"
"He's terrifying! Look at his - his - ugh"
George just laughed, the boggart flinching slightly at the noise, and walked over to Lee, pulling him into a hug and patting his back soothingly.
"It's okay baby, it's not your fault that you're scared of a myth"
I eyed the boggart who had shaken off the daze that the laughter seemed to cause, starting to advance on the boys. I frowned, silently flicking my wand and sending it flying back into the cabinet doors.
"He's not - you know what" Lee huffed, extracting himself from George's arms and walking behind him, "You give it a go"
"Oh come on now -"
Another pop sounded from the boggart, it's body shifting into the shape of a clown.
Lee snorted, "A clown? Really Georgie?"
"What? It's perfectly rational! Emily showed me that Pennywose thing and it creeped me out!"
"Pennywise," I corrected, "and you can't really say that scared you, surely"
Fred just scoffed, ruffling George's hair, "Scared by a muggle circus tradition. Who woulda thought"
"Shove off you wanker. I bet yours is just as bad"
Fred raised his eyebrow, pushing George out of the way, "Alright then. I will"
"Awww shit" I smiled, crossing my arms, "Freddie's a tough man now"

"Shut up" he laughed, "Let's do this"The boggart reeled back at the sound of laughter once more, before tilting it's clown head to the side slightly, body twisting and morphing again, shrinking

The boggart reeled back at the sound of laughter once more, before tilting it's clown head to the side slightly, body twisting and morphing again, shrinking.
"Holy shit" I giggled, "You're scared of Anabelle?"
"It's a doll!" George laughed, leaning on Lee for support.
"Yeah well - well you didn't see the movie! Emily tell them!"
"I don't know what you're talking about" I shrugged, holding back my smile.
"I - Emily!"
"A doll!" Lee wheezed, "I can't believe you're scared of a doll"
The boggart started screeching, hands covering the side of its head as the laughter continued.
"Wait, wait, wait" George cried, trying to level out his breathing, "We need to stop. If we kill it we can't see Emily's"
Lee followed suit, doing yoga breaths as he calmed himself down.
"Here goes nothing"
Fred smiled, bowing and gesturing at the centre of the room, "My lady"
"Why thank you"

I stood there for a moment as the boggart regained its footing, the doll hissing as it morphed.
"Everybody look away!" I shouted, realising what it had turned in to just in time.
"Ridikkulus!"
We all turned to see an angry Remus stood in the doorway, wand in his hand.
"If I remember rightly, I asked you to wait outside of the room" he stated, voice calm.
"Sorry Professor - it's just -"
"It's just nothing, Mr Jordan. Do you remember anything about boggarts?"
"They replicate the properties of that which they turn in to" I replied, avoiding eye contact, "I know - that's why I said -"
"Yes, you acted quickly Emily, but what would've happened if that boggart got out in the form of a basilisk?" He turned to address all of us, "We are in hiding. Do you think we could get the ingredients needed for the restoration draught?"
"No sir"
"What if someone had looked it directly in the eyes? What then?"
We all stayed silent, shifting guiltily on our feet.
Remus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I don't want to be lecturing you like this, but you're all of age now. I need you to start thinking of the consequences of your actions"
"Sorry Professor, we just wanted to see what it would turn into" George explained, "We never got to have that class with you"
"You could've waited until I was here to make sure everyone was safe"
"I know"
"Right. Well, you can all go back to helping Mrs Weasley. I'll finish this on my own"
"But si-"
"She's in the second room on the left"
"Yes sir"