Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Eight

By some small miracle, I had managed to detransform, redress and make it back to my dorm without getting caught.

The next morning, Angelina came running through the common room, wide grin on her face, "Quidditch is back on!"
The twins whooped, "About time! I knew -"
"The old hag couldn't keep us from it!"
Their smiles dropped as Angelina told them about the 7 o'clock practice.
Lee laughed next to me, "You're going to be soaked through to the bone."
"Think we could get out of it?"
"You mean with the snack boxes you sold her this morning? Yeah, that'll go down well." I joked, pressing a kiss in between Fred's eyebrows as he frowned, "You'll be fine."
George pouted, dramatically throwing himself on to Lee's lap, "Save me."
"You're a big boy, you can handle some rain."
George grumbled his distaste, but didn't move from his position, instead adjusting himself to be more comfortable.
"This is what you've been wanting," I said, rolling my eyes as Fred buried his head in my shoulder with a fake cry. I patted his head, trying my best to hold back my laughter, "You poor, poor baby."
"Hey - that's your sarcastic voice."
"What? No it's not."
Lee snorted, quickly hiding it behind a fake cough.
"See!" Fred sat up straight, pouting, "You are!"
"I would never."
As Fred went to complain again, George kicked out at him, hitting his twin in the stomach, "I'm trying to get a nap in before we're waterboarded, please Merlin shut up."
I just laughed, linking my fingers with Fred's and pressing a long kiss to his lips, "You'll be fine."
Fred sighed, pressing his forehead against mine, "And will my beautiful girlfriend be cheering me on from the stands?"
"Freddie, you know I love you, but in this weather? Absolutely not."

"Oof!"
I fell backwards on to the cobbled floor, a body falling on top of me the next moment.
"Oh Merlin! I'm so sorry!"
"Neville?"
The boy scrambled off me as quick as he could, face bright red as he offered me a hand up. "I - I really am sorry, it's just - I need to find Harry."
"I just saw him a minute ago coming back from the quidditch field," I said, concerned, "Come on, we'll find him together."
We made our way through the castle, Neville apologising every few seconds.
"It's honestly okay Neville, there's no harm done - Harry!"
Harry and Ron were sat in front of the fire, looking at us as we came through the portrait.
"Huh?"
Harry looked out of it, and I exchanged an anxious look with Ron who simply shrugged.
I patted Neville on the shoulder, "I'll leave you to it."
"Thank you - sorry again!"

I just waved him off, skipping over to the twins, resting my chin on the top of Fred's head. He was sat next to George, Lee's head resting on his boyfriends' lap.
George hushed me, "He's sleeping."
"Do you two just take turns sleeping on eachother?"
"So what if we do?"
I raised my hands in surrender, slipping on to the arm of the chair next to Fred. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, my hand cupping the back of his head by instinct.
"I'm so tired" he groaned, "and those fever fancies?"
"The ones we're starting testing on?"
Fred settled me with a blank look, "You're not going anywhere near them."
"Wha-"
"Boils." George said, tone blunt but horrified, "They gave us boils."
"But you don't..." I trailed off, holding back a laugh, "Oh."
"It's not funny, Emily. Angelina made us train still -"
"Mine burst -"
"Mine are almost bursting-"
The twins looked at each other, before saying "Pain" in unison.

The laugh did escape me then, though I tried to cover it with a pitied look

"You poor, poor boys."
They just glared.