Chapter Sixty

"We have one week until classes start back" I announced, barging into the boys' dorm as their roommate left, "we have Christmas supplies and we now have our map. Conclusion?"
I pointed to Lee.
"We've got to do our biggest prank yet"
"Agreed" the twins chirped, already opening up the bag of peak supplies that we had all contributed to over the holidays and spreading the contents out over the bed, the items framing the map.
"We should hit the three common rooms" Lee suggested, "Going for the two in the dungeons just in case we're cut off before we can move to the Ravenclaw's common room"
"I'm liking that" George hummed, nodding thoughtfully, "but, hear me out-" he traced his finger along the map, stopping at the hidden passage, "we split into two and attack Hufflepuff and Slytherin at the same time, then meet here. This takes us to the third floor -"
"which gives us plausible deniability" Fred continued, smiling slightly as the plan began to form, "then we take the staircases up to Ravenclaw and hit it with the last of what we've got, before taking that-"
"-passage back down to the first floor and sit in the Great Hall. Then by the time everyone reacts, we would've been seen by all the teachers entering and sitting at the table"
"It's genius" I grinned, pulling the twins into a hug, "So, normal teams?"
"Can't have you two snogging in the job" Lee sniggered, nudging me gently, "So yes, normal teams"
"Okay, I'll hide some of the supplies in the first passage so we're not carrying too much in the dungeons, Lee you get copies of the timetables for their common room activities on Wednesday so we can plan around them. Fred and George?"
"Yes"
"Do your homework"
The twins groaned, excuses rushing forwards.
"Zip. I don't wanna hear it, you're just going to try and guilt me into helping a day before we go back to school and I'm not having it"
George pouted, crossing his arms, "Fred your girlfriend is mean"
"But she has a point" he replied, though equally as grumpy.
"Good?"
"Good"
"Good"
"Great"

"Oi! Granger!"
I halted in my tracks, box of supplies burning in my hands.
"Heyyyyy there, how are you doing Lucy"
"You should be heading back to your common room" the Ravenclaw prefect said, eyeing the box warily, "should I be worried about that?"
"This?" I stared at it for a moment, before putting on a blasé voice, "Just a box of rubbish, really. I was on my way to chuck them"

Lucy raised her eyebrows, small smirk pulling at her lips, "I guess I didn't see the dungbombs poking out from under that?"I scoffed, shaking my head, "Me? Dungbombs? Never"With a small chuckle, Lucy shook her head, "I guess I didn't then

I scoffed, shaking my head, "Me? Dungbombs? Never"
With a small chuckle, Lucy shook her head, "I guess I didn't then... any time I should make myself absent tomorrow?"
"Uhhhh... maybe go for a walk around 12 ish"
"Thanks Granger"
"No problem"
I began speedwalking away, flinching internally at the stilted conversation. I stopped as I reached the portrait that hid the tunnel, checking to see if anyone was coming before opening it, slipping inside and closing it behind me.
I had done my part.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit" I hissed, racing down the hallway with Lee at my side, "this is always the worst bit"
"I know" Lee wheezed, winded from tripping over a First Year in his rush to get away, "and you never know if it's going to go -"
The sound of an explosion behind us cut off Lee's words, a massive smile building on our faces.
"Yep! Definitely worked!"
We dived into the secret tunnel, arming ourselves with supplies from the box while we waited for the twins.
"God I've missed this" George heaved, shoving dungbombs into the pockets of his robes.
"The thrill of the chase" Fred added, placing a rushed kiss on my forehead before scooping the last of the supplies out of the box.
The four of us rushed though the tunnel, re-emerging on the third floor and racing up the stairs to the fifth floor, sliding to a halt outside the doors.
"They should be at either the library or inside right now" Lee whispered, "So we've gotta be careful"
The three of us muttered our affirmation, beginning to set the traps around the door.
I handed George the dungbombs I had carried, leaving room for me to take out my wand and start casting jinxes on the spiral staircase leading to Ravenclaw Tower.
"That was our two minutes" Fred whisper-yelled, waving us all over wildly, "we've got to be in the Great Hall in three"
Breaking out into a run, the four of us raced through the the corridor and to the hidden staircase - this time hidden behind a statue of Anne Boleyn - Fred shouting encouraging words all the while.
As we reached the end of the tunnel, we dumped all left over evidence, took a moment to collect ourselves, and strode out into the main corridor.
Not looking directly at each other so as not to laugh, we walked casually in to the Great Hall, sitting down at the table with restrained smiles.
"Would you like a sandwich, Fred?"
"I would love one, thank you Emily"
"How about you George?"
"That would be delightful, Lee. Thank you ever so much for asking"
We all held our breaths for a moment, regaining composure, before serving our lunch.
"Four" Fred whispered, pretending to sip his tea.
George reached over to get some crisps "Three"
Lee could hardly contain a smile now, eyes darting in between the twins and the doorway as he said 'Two'.
Eyes shining with mischief, the doors to the front hall swung open, "One"
Echoing explosions could be heard, students squealing as they ran from the numerous dungbombs rigged along the corridors outside of their common rooms, right into the other traps and jinxes.

"Look casual" I hissed, taking a hasty bite of my sandwich, arranging my face into a curious yet concerned expression.
"Im sure this has nothing to do with you four?" McGonagall asked from behind the twins.
"We're just having our lunch professor" Fred said, blinking his eyes angelically.
"The juice is rather good this morning, have you had any?" George joined, offering the woman a glass.
"It's orange" Lee added, grinning.
She let out a long-suffering sigh before striding out of the hall, shouting at the students to stop screaming as she went.
Smirking at the chaos, I held out my drink in a toast, "To a successful prank"
They all echoed my sentence, drinking the juice with a smile.