Chapter Fourty Nine

"Oh god, its Harry next" I groaned, now clutching Fred's whole left arm to my chest as my stomach flipped with anxiety.
"He's going to be fine, you made sure of that" Fred said, "He came prepared, you set him up well -"
"Holy f-"
"That's a Hungarian Horntail!" Lee shouted, shaking George's shoulder violently, "They're like, deadly!"
I groaned again, pressing my face into Fred's shoulder, "I can't watch this"
Harry walked out, the crowd's clapping (which was somewhat more quiet than that of Cedric's welcome) suddenly cutting off at the sound of the dragon's roar.
"Oh Merlin!" I cried, pressing my face further into his shoulder, "is he okay?"
"Oh just look!" Lee shouted, reaching over to push me out of the safety of Fred's arms, "he only just got on the damn pitch"
At the sight of fire racing towards Harry I squealed again, resolutely burying my face in Fred's chest.
The trial stretched over what seemed like hours, the twins' and Lee's voices clear in my ear.

"- holy Merlin's beard that was a close one!"
"- that water just seemed to piss him off-"
"- oh shit he called his broom! GO HARRY!"
"- mother of all things-"
"- he's diving - LEE HOLD ME-"
"- shit that sliced his arm... he shook it off, atta boy-"
"HES GOT IT!"

A roar of applause was the signal for me to retreat from the safety of Fred's arms, looking back at the arena to see a triumphant Harry limp off the pitch holding his golden dragon egg.
"Blimey" I breathed, hand still tightly holding Fred's arm as I watched Harry he taken into the medical tent.
"See? We knew he could do it!" Lee cheered, reaching around George to ruffle my hair with a grin.
I let out an unsteady breath, eyes now diverted to the judges. Cheering - and letting out some choice expletives at Karkaroff's scoring - I laughed as it was announced Harry had tied with Krum in first place.
"You know what this means" George sang, hanging from Fred and Lee's shoulders, "we need to put on a party tonight!"
"Kitchens?"
"Kitchens"

By the time the four of us had arrived back at the common room Dean and Thomas had put up some new banners and a table was set up for the food.
"Here let me help" Alicia smiled, taking a few of the butterbeers from my arms and moving to the table, Angelina doing the same for George.
Once everything was set up, Lee brought out some wet-start fireworks, chuckling mischievously as he did so.
"I was going to save these for a prank but this is as good-a time as any"
He released them as Harry walked through the entrance, Ron and Hermione close behind, the trio sitting together.
"It's good to see Ron's apologised" I smiled, leaning into Fred's embrace as I sipped a butterbeer.
"He may be stubborn but he's not stupid" he replied, kissing the top of my head gently, "he just needed time"
I chuckled, turning around to face Fred, "since when did you become so wise?"
Smirking, he leant forwards, connecting our lips in a chaste kiss before leaning back, "What can I say? Ever since growing that beard I've felt smarter"
I laughed through the blush that begun to coat my cheeks, reaching up on my tiptoes to kiss him again.
The moment was interrupted by Lee's voice carrying over from the other side of the room, "Open it Harry, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!"
The sentiment carried around the room, a chant beginning.
With a soft smile, Fred pressed a soft kiss to my cheek before moving towards the commotion, dragging me along by the hand as he joined in the chant.
I watched as Lee passed the egg to Harry, who prised it open and unleashed the most ungodly screeching sound I'd ever heard.
"Shut it!" Fred bellowed from beside me, hands flying up to cover his ears.
"What was that? Sounded like a banshee" Seamus said, "maybe you've got to get past one of those next Harry!"
I turned to my left at the sound of a plate being dropped, watching as a rapidly paling Neville started to shake slightly, "Its someone getting tortured - you're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"
George scoffed, "Don't be a prat Neville, that's illegal. They wouldn't use that on contestants. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing ... maybe you've got to attack him in the shower Harry"
"No - the judges wouldn't be that cruel surely. The champions would all go deaf" I laughed, accepting the high five from George.

"Want a jam tart, Hermione?" Fred offered, holding the plate out enticingly

Shaking my head at his antics, I went over to help Neville pick up the sausage rolls that had fallen when he dropped the plate, jumping to pat him on the back as he half-spat-half-choked on his custard creams.
"Just my little joke Neville" Fred grinned, still holding the plate for Hermione who finally took one.
As my sister started asking about how to get into the kitchens I rolled my eyes, preparing myself for yet another S.P.E.W rant.
"Going to try and lead the house-elves on strike now, are you?" asked George, "going to give up on all the leaflet stuff and try and stir them up into rebellion?"
Hermione stayed quiet as several people chortled.
"Don't go upsetting them and telling them they've got to take clothes and salaries!" Fred added warningly, "You'll put them off their cooking!"
At that moment, Neville let out a slightly strangled noise and turned into a canary. I burst out laughing, pride welling up in me at yet another successful product.
"Oh - sorry Neville! I forgot it was the custard creams we hexed!"
Laughter burst out all around the common room, and after a minute (once the hex had worn off) even Neville joined in on the laughter.
"Canary Creams!" George shouted, "Fred and I invented them- seven sickles each!"