Chapter Eighty Nine

"I hate it when you're right" George groaned, staring at the dusty room Molly had lead us to with distaste, "and I hate cleaning"
"Yeah well at least you can use magic" Lee huffed, running the feather duster over the grimy mantelpiece, "The rest of us have to do this the peasants' way"
"I would suggest we join you and your cavemen methods, but wouldn't it be better to get this done quickly?"
Fred laughed, placing a kiss on the side of my head before moving to the far side of the room, calling back over his shoulder, "she has a point!"
"Yeah. Okay, fine"

I giggled, beginning using basic cleaning spells on the floors, jumping slightly when Hermione grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.
"So?"
I stared at her blankly, "What?"
"I don't think you understand" Hermione said, voice hushed, "You do realise why we're here right?"
"Yes. I didn't forget that the dark bitch has risen again over night, H. I'm just trying not to let it consume my every waking thought"
"Well let it! If we've been moved to a hidden house there must be something happening! Not to mention Mad Eye being involved" she looked around suspiciously, "They're up to something and they won't tell us"
"It's war Herman. Of course they're up to something. I'd be worried if they weren't"
"Don't you want to know?"
"We just got here yesterday. Let it rest for a while and then we'll see, okay?" I tapped her on the nose with my wand, "Now if you don't mind  I'm like Cinderella - I have floors to clean"

By the end of the day, we had successfully cleaned out what seemed to be a dining room, the previously dusty room looking immaculate.
"Now we can actually start on our products" Fred smiled, throwing his arms over George and Lee's shoulders, "You coming Emily?"
"Actually I'm stealing her for a moment" Ginny replied, linking her arm through mine, "I'll send her up when we're done"
I laughed, waving them ahead, "You heard the lady, I'll see you in a bit"
Leaving Ron and Hermione in the cleaned room, Ginny lead me to an empty room a little further down the corridor.
"What's up ginger spice?"
"Okay first off, never call me that again" she grimaced, "and secondly, we need to have a talk. Woman to woman"
I quirked an eyebrow at her tone, "Oh, getting quite sassy in our older age, are we Ginny? And of course we can talk. What can I do you for?"
I brushed a thick layer of dust off of a nearby chair as I waited for her to find the words, perching on the edge of the seat expectantly.
"I need to know how you knew you liked my brother"
"Oh, I see what this is about" I smirked, leaning forwards, "This wouldn't happen to include a certain scar-bearing brunet would it?"
The younger girl blushed at the accusation, folding her arms, "It is not! If - if you really must know, Dean asked me out on the last day of term, said he wanted to take me to Hogsmeade on a date... I was wondering if I should accept"
"I know pining after one guy for a while can be painful, and I would normally encourage this attempt at moving on - if we're sure that Harry doesnt like you back, of course, but we'll return to that point - however, I wouldn't try dating Dean"
"Why not? He seems nice"
I smiled, shaking my head, "in love with his best friend"
"Who? I can't think of - you don't mean Seamus?"
I nodded, "It'll be much easier for you to not be in the middle of that once they finally get their heads out of their arses and do something about it"
Ginny looked at me consideringly for a second, before nodding, seemingly satisfied, "is there anything I could do to help them?"
"Those two just need to have one more awkward changing situation - hell, maybe even just someone to get them to play spin the bottle" I shrugged, "They'll get there. In the meantime, can I suggest that you either: open your eyes and realise that Harry is in fact mad over you... or give Neville a chance. I heard he's sweet"
Ginny frowned at me slightly, before looking off into the distance, "Neville did take me to the ball... but I think he likes Luna"
"Ugh! All of this child's drama! I can't keep up"
Ginny's frown deepened, "Just help!"
I sighed, glowering at her as she kicked my ankle, "Maybe consider the fact that you don't need a boyfriend. You're a bad bitch who takes no shit"
"Yeah I know that" she sighed, "but having a boyfriend would be nice too"
"Then talk to Harry. What do you really have to lose? If he says no, then you can carry on knowing the answer. But if he says yes..." I trailed off, wiggling my eyebrows.
"I hate you" she deadpanned, walking towards the doorway, "but thanks, I guess"

"I have arrived"
The three of them looked up, laughing as they saw me dramatically draped across the doorway.
"You took your time, what did she want?" Fred asked, pulling me into his lap as I walked past, resting his chin on my shoulder after stealing a kiss.
"A girl talk" I replied, looking at the written plans on the floor, "she just needed some advice - are these the plans for your shop?"

"Yep, we were working on the different sections" George said, pointing at a drawing in the corner of the page proudly, "I drew that""And it's really good" Lee said, patting his shoulder patronisingly, ducking as George swung at him, "I'm kidding! ...

"And it's really good" Lee said, patting his shoulder patronisingly, ducking as George swung at him, "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! You're very good at drawing!"
"That's what I thought" he frowned, hitting Lee in the middle of his forehead with a pencil.