Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Nine

"I think we're long overdue a prank."
"Good morning to you too," Fred laughed, pressing a kiss to my temple as I sat down beside him, piling food on to my plate.
"What did you have in mind?" Lee asked, words muffled with the amount of food he had stuffed in his mouth.
"Wow. You're so attractive." George deadpanned, "I cant believe I managed to get a boyfriend as sexy as you."
Lee nudged into George, smiling as he shoved yet another crumpet into his mouth. "You wuv fis"
Fred snorted, rolling his eyes at them, before turning his attention back to me. "A prank?"
"I was thinking, we rig the hallway just outside of Snape's classroom."
"Why there?"
I pushed the guilt of not telling them away, instead shrugging, "Thought we could mix it up a bit - besides Harry's been having a shit time lately, thought we could give the trio a bit of a cheering up."
"Snape has been especially hard on them so far" Fred said, nodding thoughtfully, "Plus it might make Hermione laugh - I've been trying to stay on her good side since the call to mum threat."
George took a break from play-fighting with Lee to react to that, "She's got proper scary since becoming a prefect."
"Nah- she was always scary" Lee said, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, "just got more authority now."
"Oooh! We could use those modified stink bombs!" George said, waving his hands excitedly, "Havent had a chance to test those out yet."
"You, dear brother, are a genius."
Lee snorted, mocking Fred with an overly posh accent, "Dear brother."
"Starting to sound your age," I teased, "either that or you're suddenly the king of England."
"I'd make a shit king." He frowned thoughtfully, taking a sip of his juice, "Can you imagine me in control of a whole country?"
"Everyone would be dead or revolting by the end of the week," I answered, smile growing at Fred's nod of agreement.
"Forget the end of the week - I'd say within the first two days."
"Only two?" George laughed, "Give him one hour to introduce himself and they'd be throwing him out."
"Hey!"
I shook my head, smiling. "So, what do we think, up for it?"
"I'm down," Lee shrugged.
"Me too."
"Me three."
"Nice."

Screams of laughter echoed from the potions' class, Snape storming out a few moments later, cloak swishing angrily behind him.
With the invisibility cloak I borrowed (temporarily stole) from Harry, I slipped past Snape, heading into the store room while chaos was still controlling the classroom.
"Accio Hawk moth chrysalis" i muttered under my breath, grabbing the small box that flew towards me and tucking it in the pocket of my robe.
Throwing down one last stink bomb, I backed out of the classroom and into the secret passageway. Ripping the cloak off, I shoved it into my bag just as the others rounded the corner.
"Did you see his face?" Lee guffawed, "His vein was literally popping out of his forehead."
"I'd say we did a bloody good job" Fred added, "And those last few dungbombs? Inspired."
"Why thank you, Freddie" I grinned, "I didn't think the new formula would make such a... cloud."

"I'd say we've still got it

"I'd say we've still got it." George said, pressing a quick kiss to Lee's mouth, "You were amazing."
"Well..." Lee stammered, flustered, "Yeah."
"Come on, I want to be in the common room for when they get back" I said, running ahead.
"They better thank us!" Lee called after me, "We don't get appreciated half-enough."
George raised a hand, "Preach."

"That was wicked!" Ron cheered, rushing over to us with the rest of his class, "That was you, wasn't it?"
"Duh" Fred grinned, "You doubt our skills, little brother?"
The kids broke out into more exclamations of delight, Hermione looking weirdly proud.
"Bloody amazing!"
"-Snape's face!"
Seamus slapped Fred's back cheerfully, "Great. Brilliant."
As the boys were drinking in the praise, I pressed a quick kiss to Fred's cheek, "I'll be right back."
He grabbed my wrist lightly, "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'll only be a moment."

Up in the dorm, I slid the small box next to the other ingredients, hidden in the secret pocket of my trunk.
I read off Sirius' instructions one last time, checking the lunar calendar I had hung up beside my bed.
"Full moon's tomorrow. Time to get this started."