Chapter Seventy Five

"You're down here early" Cedric said, a smile on his face as I placed myself opposite him and Bethany.
"It's Easter!" I cheered, blowing a kiss to a sleepy Bethany who pretended to catch it with a woozy smile.
"This idiot got Ashmita to wake me up this morning" she explained, giving him a death glare, "she was too sweet to tell him to piss off so now I have to be awake"
"I wanted to talk to you! Is that such a crime?"
"At the expense of my beauty sleep? Yes Cedric. Yes it is"

I snorted at the two of them, rolling my eyes fondly, "and the point of this was?""The boys are just being a bit overbearing at the moment" Cedric confessed, "I just needed a conversation with my friends that didn't involve the next task""Well I'd...

"The boys are just being a bit overbearing at the moment" Cedric confessed, "I just needed a conversation with my friends that didn't involve the next task"
"Well I'd say we've got that covered" I smirked, exchanging a look with Bethany, "remember you asked for this, Ceddy boy"
"Wha- oh no"
"Soooo, how's Cho" Beth grinned, suddenly wide awake as she teasingly wiggled her eyebrows.
"Do you loooove her" I added, equally as over dramatic with my gestures.
"I- what, no. We haven't been together long enough for that -"
"Look at him getting all flustered" Beth cooed, squishing his cheeks, "aint he sweet"
"the sweetest"
"Piss off" he frowned, cheeks quickly turning pink, "Both of you"
We both laughed at that, Beth patting Cedric on the shoulder, "it's alright, chap. We're only teasing"
Our conversation was halted slightly by Ebony and Miles sitting down, the prior raising her eyebrow inquisitively.
"What have you done to the poor boy to make him that flushed"
"We're only talking about our dearest Cho" Beth replied angelically, kissing Ebony good morning with a smirk.
"Oh I see, we're talking about the love birds that have made my Charms class into the 'Cho hour'" Miles teased, "Oh Cho's so lovely, she's so cute, she's so -"
"Okay we get it"
"Oh, I don't think we do" I grinned, "Tell us more"
"the other day in class-"
Miles was cut off by a beautiful woman in Beauxbaton robes sitting next to him, placing a light kiss on his cheek.
"Well, hello" Ebony smiled, looking between the two of them, "I don't believe we've met"
It took me a few seconds, but I gasped, smile widening, "Dominique! Salut!"
"Ah, you are Fleur's friend, no? Amélié?"
"Emily, yeah. You're Freddie's sister, right? I met him through Fleur the other day"
"Oui, he said that they saw you potions lesson yesterday, that the greasy man was 'orrible"
Beth snorted at that, raising her glass in agreement, "the worst"
"miserable git"
"Well I 'ave just come over to see my Miles" she smiled, "it is nice to meet you all"
"The pleasure is ours" Cedric grinned, glad the focus had been taken off of him.

Lee's shout from the entrance of the hall had me turning around, saying quick goodbyes to the table.
"Happy Easter, boys!" I cheered, bounding up to them.
George returned my enthusiastic greeting, shouting "Happy Easter" almost louder than I did.
"You were up early today" Fred smiled, pulling me into a hug, before just ending up using me as an armrest.
"I was too excited to wait for you all to wake up" I whined, shoving his arm off of my head, "Come on, eat your breakfast and then we can wait for our owls"
"So impatient" Lee huffed jokingly, slipping on to a seat on the bench, only a few people down from the Golden Trio.

The sausage had barely touched Fred's plate when a fluttering of wings announced the flurry of delivery owls.
I squealed in delight as they swooped through the open window, watching as an owl landed proudly in front of Fred, a large package held in his claws.
"Anyone want to read this bullshit" George huffed, shoving Percy's letter on to Ron's plate before opening up the package.
"Chocolate" I sang, making grabby hands as he handed me my egg, the large chocolate shell containing fudge inside, "I fucking love Easter"
"I can tell" Fred laughed, placing a kiss to my hairline before starting to eat some of his egg.
I glanced at Hermione, finding her looking at a small chocolate egg with a sad expression.
"Your mum doesn't read Witch Weekly, by any chance, does she Ron?"
Piecing together what had happened, I spared a mournful look at my egg before snapping it in half and reaching over to give her the smaller piece.
"Here, Herman"
"I can't take your-"
"Just take it" I muttered, glaring at the chocolate, "before I change my mind and shove it all in my mouth"
Huffing a laugh, she took the chocolate, "thanks"
Lee laughed from beside me, shaking his head in amazement, "I'm surprised you did that" he said, taking a large bite of fudge, "What has you in a sharing mood today?"
"Do I look happy about it, Jordan?" I replied monotonously, narrowing my eyes at him.
"No, you rather look like the Bloody Baron right now" George chuckled, "Just scrunch your face up a bit more... perfect"
"Piss off you bastard"