Chapter Twenty Four

"You okay Emily?" Bill asked as I entered the room, making me jump a bit.
"Sorry I forgot the rooms had been swapped around" I apologised, moving to leave.
"Nope - come here" he said, folding his arms with a smile, a fake sternness in his voice.
I sighed and sat next to him on Fred's bed, leaning with my back against the wall.
"I went with everyone to get Harry but his aunt and uncle flipped out on me. The fat bloke literally half-dan at me whilst shouting. I dunno what I did wrong" I said exasperated.
"Sounds like a bunch of old tossers to me" he laughed "I wouldn't pay them any mind. Maybe you just look more magical than the others".
"Did you just compliment me?" I scoffed "you haven't done that since my second year when I managed to trip up Dolohov"
Bill grinned at this, as if reminiscing on a spectacular event.
"That was wicked" he replied.
I jumped slightly as I heard the fireplace roar, indicating that people were coming back. Bill and I went downstairs, moving to sit with Charlie at the table.
Fred was the first one to come back, his smile stretching his face.
"We did it Emily! He picked one up!"
George soon joined him.
"Dad wouldn't let us see it work - Bet his tongue is at least a metre long now" he sniggered.
Ron popped out next, slapping George on the back.
"Bloody brilliant!"

Fred had walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders reassuringly.
"You okay?" He muttered, leaning down so he could talk into my ear. I nodded with a slight smile, turning my attention back to the fireplace.

Harry appeared not long after, almost falling fat on his face. Fred ran over.
"Did he eat it?" he said, pulling Harry to his feet
"Yeah" Harry replied "what was it?"
"Ton-tongue toffee" said Fred brightly "George and I invented them - Emily came up with the idea one day when Lavender Brown wouldn't shut up in the common room - we've been looking for someone to test it on all summer"

The tiny kitchen exploded with laughter at the idea, as George, Fred and I all high fived.

"How are you doing Harry?" said Charlie, introducing himself to the boy, shaking his hand. Bill then introducing himself after.
"I wonder where Arthur is, he's taking his time isn't he?" I pondered aloud.
As if my question had been answered, the man apparated next to George. He was looking livid.

"That wasn't funny Fred!" He shouted "Shat on earth did you give that boy?"
"I didn't give him anything!" said Fred with another evil grin "I just dropped it... it was his fault he went and ate it. I didn't tell him to!"
"You dropped it on purpose!" His father roared "you knew he'd been on a diet -"
"How long did his tongue get?" George asked eagerly, rolling on the balls of his feet.
"Four foot before they'd let me shrink it!"

Everyone screeched with laughter. I had to clutch my stomach in pain as I laughed, and the look on Arthur's face was just making it that much more funny.
"It isn't funny!" He shouted "That kind of behaviour seriously undermines the muggle-wizard relations! I spend half my life advocating against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons-"
"We didn't give it to him cos he was a muggle!" Fred protested, crossing his arms.
"No, we gave it to him cos he's a big bullying git. Isn't he Harry?" George added.
"Yeah he is Mr Weasley" Harry replies earnestly.
"And you saw how his uncle treated Emily!" the twins added, speaking in unison, with identical frowns etched onto their face.
"That's not the point!" raged Mr Weasley "You wait until I tell your mother-"
"Tell me what?" Asked a voice behind us.
I whipped around to see Molly walking into the kitchen, Hermione and Ginny in tow.
"Oh hello Harry dear" she said with a smile. Then her eyes snapped back to her husband.
"Tell me what Arthur?"

Mr Weasley hesitated, eyeing Molly nervously.
"Tell me what Arthur!" She repeated, now in a dangerous sort of voice.
"It's nothing Molly" he mumbled "Fred and George just - but I've had words with them -"
"What have they done this time? If it's got anything to do with that Wizard's Wheezes -"