Chapter Sixty One

"The end of the holidays suck" George groaned, parchment containing new product information resting on his lap, quill limp in his hand.
I was lying with my head resting on Fred's lap, feet propped on Lee, with George sat on the floor leaning back fully against Lee's legs.
"But it means we'll see our skiving snack boxes in action" Fred countered, absentmindedly playing with my hair, "With all of our stock gone I'm sure at least half of the first years will be using them first week back"
I was about to reply when a small argument from across the room caught my attention.

Harry groaned, waving off Hermione with a tired sigh, "I know! I know I've got to do it, okay?"
"What's going on?" I asked, lifting my head up slightly.
"He still hasn't worked out the egg-"
"Hermione!"
"- and he only has a week left until the task! He needs to focus on this and not just pretend it's not happening"
I hummed, eyes fixing on the egg as I leant further back in to Fred's embrace.
"Chuck the egg here, HP. Lemme have a look"
"I'm not supposed to be helped" he grumbled, moving across the room despite himself.
Fred laughed from above me, body vibrating with the sound as I grasped the egg, "Since when have you known us to follow the rules?"
I laughed as I studied the outer casing of the egg, running my fingers over the grooves in the golden shell.
"Merlins beard" I whispered, gesturing Hermione over, "Ancient Runes, Book 1 Page 45 - tell me I'm wrong"
Hermione let out a small noise, face going slack in shock "Why of course! They're runes Harry! Emily's right!"
"That's all well and good but can someone translate book language to English please" Ron huffed, looking as confused as Harry did.
"It's the elemental sign for water" Hermione explained, plucking the egg out of my hand before I could continue looking, "We've got to go and translate the rest of these"
"But it's half an hour until the library closes" Ron groaned, being ignored as Hermione ushered them towards the door.
"Thanks Emily!" Harry called over his shoulder, being pushed into the corridor before he could say anything else.
I chuckled, entwining my fingers with Fred's as I relaxed fully.
"You amaze me sometimes with that brain of yours" he murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of my head, "why is a smart lady like you hanging around with someone like me"
I smiled, eyes shining, "well I guess I've got rather attached"
Fred returned the smile, connecting our lips in a soft kiss, "that was stupid of you"
"Yeah" I agreed, shifting so I was facing him, "but definitely worth it"
"We're literally right here" George complained, sounding miffed, "Like I'm glad you two are finally dating but I don't wanna see this all the time"
"And with your feet on my lap no less" Lee added, a fake curl of disgust on his lips.
I giggled, hitting the back of George's head lightly with my foot, "You love us"
George squinted, sighing dramatically, "I mean, yes I do but that doesn't mean we deserve this"
Fred snorted, throwing his head back in laughter, "Sorry, we'll tone it down"
"Please" Lee groaned.
"Well, as you asked nicely" I agreed, a smirk growing on my face as I launched myself at Fred, pulling him in for a kiss.
I ignored as the two shouted at us to stop, laughing into the kiss as Fred secured his arms around my waist.
As we pulled back for air, I dodged a pillow thrown at us by George, bending over as laughter robbed the air from my lungs.
"Gross!" Lee cried, burying his face into George's back, the ginger boy scrunching his eyes shut.

Later that night, we moved to the boys' dormitory, Honeydukes sweets laid haphazardly on the bed.
"You know what we haven't done in a while?" Fred said mischievously, wiggling his eyebrows at me, "Truth or dare"

I scrambled into a sitting position, eyes wide.
"Oh no" Lee groaned, collapsing on to me with a huff, "What kind? First Year or Third Year?"
"I'm thinking Third Year"
George matched his twins' smile, "I'm in! As long as we make a rule beforehand, no messing with Dumbledore"
I grimaced, "That didn't go well last time"
"Okay, so I'll start" Fred smirked, "Lee, truth or dare"
"Truth"
"Hmmm, lets start relatively easy... what's a secret you've never told anyone"
Lee blanched, side-eyeing George nervously.
"Uhm. I guess one would be that I've only kissed one person"
I watched with narrowed eyes as George's ears seemed to flush.
"I feel like I'm missing something here..." I gasped as it hit me, arm swinging out to grab on to Fred as the shock registered, "Oh-"
I was silenced by Lee's glare, George now getting flustered.
Fred, seemingly oblivious, chuckled goodnaturedly, "One person isn't too bad mate"
Deciding to move the conversation along, I sat up bolt-straight, "I pick dare!"
Lee turned to me with a scary smile, though the relief was clear in his eyes, "alright, I want you to go and steal a pair of underwear from Greg's trunk and bring it back here"
"Just to clarify" I said slowly, looking at him as if he were mad, "you mean Seventh Year Prefect Greg?"
"That's the one"
"I'm going to die" I murmured, turning to face Fred, "give me a kiss goodbye! I'm being sent off on a suicide mission!"
Snickering, he kissed me, waving me off as I exited the room.

"Close the door!" I screeched, barrelling into the common room, diving behind George's bed as Lee slammed the door shut.
"Did you get them?" Fred asked, peering down at me.
The three of them burst out laughing as my hand shot upwards, the boxers in my hand.
"You maniac" George laughed, joining Lee in holding the door against Greg's furious pounding.
"He isn't too happy, is he" Lee laughed, turning to face the door and raising his voice to a shout, "Piss off you old bat!"
Scrambled angry words floated through the door in reply, before he stomped away.

Later that evening, a small collection of stolen items were at the base of Lee's bed ready to be mysteriously returned in the morning, the four of us now spread out across the twins' beds. George was lying with his head hanging over the edge of the bed, his feet crossing with mine to prevent him from falling off (he had already earlier that night). Fred and Lee were leaning against each other, firewhiskeys in hand.
"Okay, truth" George huffed.
"Why haven't you made a move on anyone yet?"
I snorted at the question, reaching over to cup George's cheeks, "cos Georgie's a lil shy when it comes to talking to other people"
"Piss off, you old bat" he huffed, waving away my hands with a small smile, "and besides, what makes you think I haven't made any moves Fred?"
"I would know if you had"
"No you wouldn't"
"Yes I would"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
As the two dissolved into a back-and-forth, Lee and I exchanged fond looks.
"They're not all bad are they?"
"I guess they're not"