Chapter Thirty Four

The next morning the storm had calmed down considerably, and I made my way to the great hall on my own, looking around for Beth.
She was sat at the end of the Hufflepuff table, glaring gloomily at Ebony and Conor who sat on the Ravenclaw bench together.

"Still hung up on that?" I asked, seating myself opposite her, hoping to block them from her view.
"It's hard not to" she sighed moodily "besides I've got to see him every morning in the common room - gives me such a sarcastic smile, he should've been sorted into Slytherin that prick"
I shook my head in disbelief, not knowing how the happy boy could turn sour so quickly.
"Shame, if they sat here I could kick their asses for you - oh wait, I can just walk over there" I said, going to get up, only stopping when Beth grabbed my arm and yanked me back down.
"No no no. I'm kicking their ass, just waiting for the right time" she said, an evil glint in her eye.
I held my hands up in mock surrender, laughing at the murderous look on her face.
I heard a pair of footsteps come from behind me.
"Hello ginger fucks" Beth greeted, waving over-enthusiastically.
"Always the charmer" George laughed from behind me, receiving a wink from Beth.

"You gonna come over and help us work out how to get around the age line?" Fred asked, tapping my shoulder
"After how you talked to me yesterday? Hmm let me think - no" I said firmly, refusing to turn around and look at them.

"Oh come on- we were only joking around" "Uh huh""She'll talk to you later, we're having a breakfast date

"Uh huh"
"She'll talk to you later, we're having a breakfast date. Sorry Fred, she's come to the gay side" Beth smirked, gesturing for them to leave.
"I knew it!" Ginny cried from the Gryffindor table.
"She has super hearing I swear" I breathed, watching the twins retreat back to the Gryffindor table.

"You gonna tell me what happened?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.
"They were being pricks about entering the tournament, tried talking Herman and that lot into entering the tournament"
"I never did ask you why you call her Herman"
"I called her it once and it stuck" I shrugged laughing.
"Fair enough - but why on earth would they try and talk them into doing the tournament? That's crazy!" Beth asked incredulously
"Exactly!"

Cedric Diggory entered the hall, surrounded by some of his friends. He sat next to Beth, inviting us into the conversation.
"You entering Ced?" Beth asked, shovelling some bacon into her mouth.
"He better be!" One of his friends exclaimed, patting him on the back.
"Yeah I think I might" Cedric replied, buttering some of his toast with a thoughtful grin "what do you think?"
"I think you'd win" Beth replied, blowing a kiss which he pretended to catch, a sarcastic smile on his face.
"What about you Emily? He'd do great right?"
"Yeah! Who knows, maybe you could use that to make your move on Cho" I grinned teasingly, making all of his friends 'ooooo' suggestively.
"Emily!" He groaned, smacking his head on the table top
I shrugged with a smile "it's true though, I bet it would be very effective"
"I'll keep that in mind" he laughed, still piling food onto his plate.

Miles finally walked into the hall, fussing with his hair. He instinctively walked to the Ravenclaw, before veering past it after catching sight of Ebony, who at this point was tracing Conor's chest with her fingers.
"That's gross" he commented, slumping onto the bench exhaustedly.
"Yeah, no kidding" Beth scoffed, pretending to throw up as she caught sight of them.
"I'm just glad my sister won't be doing anything like that for a while"
Cedric coughed awkwardly, quickly changing the conversation back to the tournament. I grinned, catching Fred's eye.
"I'm sorry" he mouthed, a dramatic look on his face. I rolled my eyes in response, sending him the middle finger teasingly.

By dinner, I had forgiven the twins on the promise that they'd leave everyone else out of their little adventure. During the back of history of magic class they had decided that aging potion would probably be sufficient enough. I, of course, had told them that nothing that simple would fool Dumbledore but I was outvoted. 

We entered the hall as Hermione was leaving, Fred instantly slipping into her recently abandoned seat.
"Moody!" he said. "How cool is he?"
"Beyond cool," said George, sitting down opposite Fred.
"Supercool," said Lee, sliding into the seat beside George.
"We had him this afternoon," I explained to Harry and Ron, sitting down next to Fred.
"What was it like?" said Harry eagerly.
Fred, George, Lee and I exchanged looks full of meaning.
"Never had a lesson like it," said Fred.
"He knows, man," said Lee.
"Knows what?" said Ron, leaning forward.
"Knows what it's like to be out there doing it," said George impressively.
"Doing what?" said Harry.
"Fighting the Dark Arts," said Fred.
"He's seen it all," said George.
"Mazing," said Lee and I in unison, earning odd looks from the twins.
"Okay it's creepy when you do it" George admitted, an unpleasant look on his face.
Ron dived into his bag for his schedule.
"We haven't got him till Thursday!" he said in a disappointed voice.
"Aw it's okay Ronald, he's not going anywhere" I assured him, piling some casserole onto my plate.
"Yeah, doubt he can move very fast anyway" Lee snickered.

A lull of silence fell over the table as we all forged ourselves on food. It was suddenly broken by a gasp from Ron.
"Did you see what happened to Malfoy?" Ron said loudly - his voice just below a shout.
"No?"
"It was bloody brilliant!" Ron laughed evilly, his face full of pure delight.
"Moody turned him into a ferret" Harry snickered.
I choked on my mouthful in shock, as Fred jumped up from his seat beside me.
"Where is he!? I need to shake his hand!"
George started crying with laughter, clutching his stomach in pain, whilst Lee just sat there with a look of pure joy, imagining the situation in his mind.
"Sit down" I laughed, pulling him back onto the bench "but seriously what?"
"Malfoy shot a spell at me behind my back, Moody was there and turned him into a ferret" Harry wheezed, the idea making him almost cry with laughter again.
"He was flinging him up and down until McGonagall came over and stopped him" Ron added, also in a tearful laughing state.
I burst into giggles, not being able to hold them back anymore.
"I think I'm in love with Moody" Lee breathed