Chapter Sixty Seven

"Emily, if I asked you to blindly follow me into what will no doubt be a disaster, would you do it?"
I tilted my head slightly, looking at Lee with a small smile, "You know I would"
"Great, because I need you to blindly follow me into what will no doubt be a disaster" Lee said, offering me his hand sheepishly.
"I did not see this coming" i gasped sarcastically, letting him help me up from my seat, "Lead the way"
I followed him through the portrait, walking fast down the corridor. Lee inconspicuously brought out the map, checking the hallways quickly before slipping into the secret passage way, waiting for the entrance to shut before turning towards me.
"Okay so I might have fucked up just a little bit"
"Really? I couldn't have guessed with all your sneaking around"
Lee gave me a dead stare, rolling his eyes when I just stuck my tongue out at him.
"Remember how we use the southern passage for your potions?" He asked, leaning back against the wall, "Well I think someone's found it"
"Why do you think that?"
Lee huffed, scratching the back of his neck, "I think I forgot to shut it last time I left, and I saw them leave the passage when I went to check we were missing an unfinished batch of amortentia"
"So you know someone's found it"
"... yes"
I raised an eyebrow at him, unimpressed, "And we can't tell the twins this because...?"
"The person who found it is Dolohov"
"Motherfucker"

The corridor was empty, everyone else at dinner, when we found him.
"Oi!"
Charlie stopped at my shout, turning around with a smirk.

"Thought I'd be seeing you mudblood""Oh fuck off you prick

"Oh fuck off you prick. Just tell me what you were doing sneaking around my stuff"
The blonde smirked, folding his arms, "So you admit that you were brewing potions in passageways"
Lee's hand briefly closed around my forearm, stopping me from charging towards him.
"I never said that, I simply asked why you're sulking around dark corridors on your own"
"I could ask you the same"
"Slimy git" Lee murmured, moving to stand beside me.
Holding back a smile at Lee's comment, I scoffed, "as you can quite clearly see, I'm not alone. But you are ... why is that Charlie? Your shit personality finally get recognised by your housemates?"
"You bitch" he growled, taking a step towards me.
"Awe, did I hurt your ickle feewings" I pouted, changing my expression quickly to one of immense disgust, "Well frankly I don't give a shit, so why don't you return what you took and Lee and I can get back to our day"
"As if the blood traitor is any better, you're all a disgrace to our society"
"Really?" Lee sighed, brushing a dreadlock away from his face, looking bored, "Another racist remark? Is that all you've got?"
The Slytherin hesitated for a moment, enough time for Lee and i to pounce.
"He hasn't" Lee snickered, "Look at him stumbling for something else to say"
"Face it Charlie, you're just a bully who put his pain on others. Give us our shit back, and I promise we probably won't hex you for the next few weeks"
"You wouldn't"
"Oh we would" I smiled menacingly, "trust me"
Dolohov scoffed, stepping back slightly, "I don't have it anymore"
"You- you what"
Panic swept through me, looking at Lee for support, "Tell me you didn't give that to anyone"
"And so what if I did?" he huffed, trying to act unaffected.
"Are you mentally deranged?" Lee yelled, "It wasn't finished! You might have poisoned them!"
"I-"
"This is why you don't go stealing shit you fucking moron!" I shouted, charging at him and slamming him against the wall, "Who the fuck did you give it to?"
Charlie's wheezed, air punched out of him.
"Emily, careful" Lee warned, pulling me away from him.
Rubbing the back of his head, Charlie reached into his robes, handing us a large vial, "Here, you psychos"
"And the person you gave it to?"
"Haven't done it yet" he choked, stumbling away, "creeps"

The two of us stood and watched as he ran away to the Great Hall, hands shaking slightly as I handed the vial to Lee.
"Thanks for stopping me" I eventually said, "I would've hit him"
"You technically did" Lee laughed weakly, "not that he didn't deserve it but..."
I nodded as he trailed off, running my hand through my hair, "He could've killed someone"
"But he didn't"
"It would've been my fault Lee"
"But it isn't - Emily, listen to me. We will move the potion making somewhere else, okay? We can make sure no one finds our things again but we need to keep our cool"
I sighed, forcing myself to relax, "I know"
"Now, we need to go in there and eat dinner like normal, okay? We'll tell the twins that we've got something to research in the library-"
"They won't want to come"
"Exactly, and with our last few hours we can clear out that passageway. Then afterwards we tell them that someone - not Charlie - found it"
I breathed out slowly, resting my forehead on Lee's shoulder for a few seconds before nodding, "Okay"
"We've got this" he smiled, "Come on we need to go"
I watched as he slipped the potion into his robe pocket, the two of us entering the Hall silently. As the twins waved us over, I exchanged glances with Lee once more.
"We got this"