Chapter Fourty Four

"Hey Emily" Fred drawled, draping his arms over my shoulders and pulling me against his chest, "pay attention to me"
I could hear the pout in his voice which made me grin as I leant back into his hold.
"Aww sorry have I been neglecting you Freddie" I sniggered, looking up at his face to see him nodding sadly.
I snorted, putting down my quill and turning around so I was facing him and balanced on my tip-toes to give him a quick peck on the nose. He smiled and returned the gesture, pressing a kiss to my forehead.
"You're such a dork" I giggled, watching his face distort with confusion
"What's a drok?"
"A dork. It's a muggle expression"
"Does it mean dashingly handsome"
"Sure" I grinned, watching as he puffed his chest out with pride, missing the obvious sarcasm completely.
"You're adorable" I sniggered, intertwining our fingers
"You're gorgeous"
I blushed at this. No matter how hard I tried to conceal it the bastard had made me blush.

"Is Emily blushing?" George asked in disbelief from across the room.
"Ew George what the fuck!" I complained, crossing my arms in a huff.
"What? I can't watch my twin and my future sister flirt?" He asked
"Dude no" Lee said, face crumpled in disgust
"What it's not like they're snogging! Fred's too much of a wimp!"
"Oh really?" Fred countered, grabbing my face and pulling me into a kiss. I let out a squeal of shock, before melting into the kiss. I cupped his face with my hands as his fingers lightly gripped my hair.
Sounds of protest were heard emitting from George as he leapt into Lee's arms, shouting something about his 'virgin eyes not being used to this pornographic material'.
We eventually broke for air, and I smirked fixing my lipgloss.

"Was that a wimpy move?" Fred asked his twin breathlessly, a proud look on his face

"I know that was to prove a point" I said, trying to catch my breath, "but I'm not complaining - please feel free to do that more"
Fred laughed and gave me a cheeky wink which I returned.
"What was I supposed to be doing again?" I asked in a daze.
"Finishing that letter?" Fred replied sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.
"Ah! Yes"

I was walking to the owlery, a letter to my parents in hand. They still hadn't replied to my letters and I was started to get more worried. I hadn't seen them since the first few days of the summer holidays, and they never went this long without getting in touch.
I was so wrapped up in my own worry that I nearly didn't realise my sister sprinting past me in tears, her hand clamped firmly over her mouth.
"Woah! H!" I called, sprinting after my sister "You alright?"
She whipped around to look at me, shaking her head. I furrowed my eyebrows, placing my arm over her shoulder and walking with her to the infirmary.
"Wanna talk about it?" I asked softly, receiving another desperate shake of her head.
Humming in response, I opened the infirmary doors and called over Madam Pomfrey.
"Miss Granger, what's wrong?" She asked Hermione, gently moving her hands out of the way. Her teeth had grown almost past her chin, and I tried my hardest not to react in fear of upsetting her further.
"Who did this?" Pomfrey asked frowning
"Malfoy" Hermione said, though it came out muffled
I narrowed my eyes evilly, knowing I was going to get my revenge at some point, whilst Pomfrey did a spell on Hermione's teeth reducing the size.
"Thank you" she sobbed, relieved at her teeth being back to normal. I rubbed her shoulder comfortingly, my hatred for the blonde weasel only growing.

That night we decided we were going to continue with the map.
Since the beginning of the school year we had already made some huge strides in making our own version of the marauders map (Lee and George did decide to join us for the majority of the sessions) and we had already charmed the map to show the basic outlay of the school. We now needed to add details such as individual classrooms and secret passages before we could begin with the actual homonoculous spell.

I was sat on the floor, my back resting against the big sofa as I flipped through a book lying in my lap. The others were huddled around the parchment, trying to cast a protection spell similar to the one on the other map.
We all froze as we heard footsteps echoing down the stairs, and I quickly motioned everyone to grab our mess and hide in the dark corner of the room. My eyes narrowed as Harry tiptoed over to the fireplace, staring at the dying embers.
"What the hell is he doing?" George whispered, readjusting the parchment in his arms. I shrugged, staring intently at the back of his head.
"Ha-rry"
I jumped, shocked by the wheezing voice.
"I wanna leave" Lee moaned quietly, holding his chest in fear "nothing around his ever goes right - and that voice is giving me all the wrong vibes"
The rest of us silently agreed, creeping over to the staircase with our backs pressed to the outer walls, trying our best to sneak by unnoticed.
By now, Harry was hunched over the fireplace, muttering something unintelligible. Concerned crossed my features briefly, before sending a nod to the boys and sneaking up the girls staircase.