Chapter Seventy Nine

As the first spark flew into the air, Madam Pomfrey swore beside me.
"Already hurt, ruddy hell"
I watched as two wizards rushed into the maze, emerging later with a limp Fleur in their arms.
"Place her over here, on that bed" Pomfrey barked, before turning to me, "I need some of that salve - green bottle blue label"
I wordlessly did as she asked, concern for the girl pressing down on my chest. Vines were still wrapped tightly around her limbs, severed at the ends where the wizards must have hacked her free.
"Bloody pointless" she muttered, silent spells loosening the vines before she threw them on the floor, "I've had enough of this eternal glory bollocks. Just another excuse to put these children through hell, I say!"
Once all the vines were off, she took the salve from my hand and started applying it generously on to her wounds.
"Get rid of those will you? A controlled incendio will do"
"Of course" I smiled, moving the pile a safe distance away before setting them alight with a carefully restrained burst of fire.
"She was stunned before the vines got her" Pomfrey frowned, moving her head to the side gently, "This was foul play. Stay with her, child. I need to find the restoration draught"
"Can we not just use rennovate?"
"Normally, yes. These vines seem to have trapped her in her unconsciousness so we'll need something stronger"

As she spoke, another flare lit up the sky, followed by a string of colourful curses.
"Find the draught while I set up the next bed... Merlin knows why they let this happen-"
Glancing anxiously at the maze opening every few seconds, I searched through the bottles set up on the table, silently hoping that neither Harry or Cedric were carted into the tent.
"He's been stunned too" Madam Pomfrey frowned, "though it looks less severe... probably done by a creature inside. Renervate"
Krum rushed to sit up, choking on a gasp as he came back to consciousness.
Fingers finally grasping the restoration draught, I moved to tend to Fleur, only half-listening to Krum's nonsensical babbling.
Carefully lifting Fleur's head up, I tipped some of the draught into her mouth, watching as colour flushed back into her cheeks.
"Yes Mr Krum, I'm sure - Emily you have to use rennervate again - I'm sure we can find someone for you to talk to-"
Thankful that I didn't have to deal with the frantic Krum, I turned back to Fleur, casting the charm with a steady hand.
Eyes flying open, she grabbed on to my arm with a shaky hand.
"You're okay. You're in the medical tent - Fleur, Fleur look at me" I said, trying to soothe her, "You're okay"
She nodded, breathing slowing back down to a normal pace, "it was 'orrible, Emily" she whispered, eyes distant, "I was fighting a monster and then..."
She trailed off, catching sight of Krum from over my shoulder, "You!" She shouted, finger pointing at him, "eet was you who took me out!"
My mouth fell open, staring between the two champions in shock as Madam Pomfrey moved to Fleur's side.
"Now, now. You've had some head trauma, I'm sure your memories are just a bit muddled-"
"No! They are as clear as - as - ! This man - he knocked me out!"
Krum stumbled over his words, eyes incredibly wide, "I told you, I don't remember entering the maze-"
"Likely" Fleur huffed, outraged, "You 'orrible man! You tried to 'urt me!"
"Okay both of you just calm down" Madam Pomfrey said, standing in the middle of the tent, hands held up placatingly, "Emily go and get Moody, I'm sure he can mediate"
Nodding, I began to run out of the place, feet coming to a sharp stop at the sight of Harry and Cedric appearing in front of the stands, cup in hand.
The band started playing the celebratory music, the stands erupting in cheers.
Relief began to rush through me, but even that was halted as I registered Harry's stance, hunched over Cedric.
He was shaking his shoulders, but Cedric didn't move.