Chapter One Hundred and Forty Four

"Where did she drag you off to in such a hurry?" Fred asked, hand linked with mine as we walked to the room of requirement.
George snickered from behind us, "She looked like she was going to flay you alive."
"Oh did she?" I asked, sarcastic edge to my voice, "Thanks for all the backup, it was really appreciated. Dicks."
"You're welcome," Lee grinned, dodging my arm as I aimed a slap, "Oi!"
I glared at him, breaking off into a smile at his offended face, "You're all arseholes. Remind me not to depend on any of you when I'm up shit creek."
"Up shit- never mind, are you going to tell us or not?" Fred repeated, poking my side with his thumb, "The people want to know."
"The people being..."
"Your favourite people in the world?" George said, offended.
Lee laughed, pressing a kiss to George's temple before giving me a hard look, "We are your favourite people."
"As if that was ever in debate." I rolled my eyes, smile dropping as I cleared my throat. "Promise you won't be mad."
This got their attention.
"What?"
"Why would we be mad?"
"What did you do?"
I huffed, looking at the ceiling in defeat, "I'm one of the replacement beaters."
There was silence for a few moments, my stomach dropping with anxiety.
"It wasn't my idea-"
Before I could overthink too much, Fred had dropped my hand and scooped me into an embrace. "Are you for real?"
"Wha- I. Yes?"
George made a small excited noise, "You mean we'll be watching you play? After all these years of you judging our performance?"
"Oh shit-"
I wiggled out from Fred's hold, looking at Lee worriedly, "About the announcing, I really tried to tell Angie to leave it be but she wouldn't take no for an answer-"
"Emily. Chill. I can handle a few games on my own."
"Okay... if you think it's fine."

We had reached the room of requirement, but I turned to Lee one more time, "You're definitely sure -"
"Yes I'm sure." He smiled. "Besides, it means you cant stop me when I'm making fun of you on the mic."
"Hey!"
Harry poked his head out of the door, "Can you get in here already? Umbridge is coming up the stairs." We shuffled in, flashing the room awkward smiles as we did so. "Oh, congratulations on the position." He added, before making his way back to the front of the room.

"Okay," Harry said, calling the room to order. "I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break —"
"We're not doing anything new?" said Zacharias Smith, in a disgruntled whisper loud enough to carry through the room. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come. . . ."
"We're all really sorry Harry didn't tell you, then," said Fred loudly.
"Yeah, really sorry." George added, glaring at him.
Several people sniggered.
"We can practice in pairs," said Harry. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx, just for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again."
The room was soon full of intermittent cries of "Impedimenta!"
George snickered as Fred began slow-motion running, tripping his twin up and watching as he slowly fell to the ground.
"George!" Lee chastised, hiding a smile behind a fake frown.
"What?" he replied, eyes wide with fake innocence.
I reversed the spell and helped Fred to his feet, holding back a laugh as he lightly slapped George across the head.
"ABUSE!" he cried, blocking the following hits, "ABUSE I TELL YOU!"

Stunning spells soon followed, and the whole group cheered as Neville managed to successfully stun someone.
"But that's not who he was aiming at-" Fred whispered, his sentence cutting off as I put my hand over his mouth.
"Don't you dare."

At the end of an hour, Harry called a halt.
"You're getting really good," he said, beaming around at them. "When we get back from the holidays we can start doing some of the big stuff — maybe even Patronuses."
"I almost forgot about Christmas," I said, huffing almost humorously, "I don't even know what we're doing this year."
Hermione overheard me from where she was across the room, "Uh - we're going over the - the Burrow. Mum ... mum said she's going on a trip with dad. To Australia. Mrs Weasley said we could stay."

I looked at her weirdly, brushing the hurt off my face before she could register it

"Right. Of course. Um -" I shook the bad feeling away, before smiling widely at Fred, "Not escaping me then."
He pressed a kiss to my lips, smiling through it, "Lucky me."
"Now I just need to figure out a way to steal you away from your parents" George pouted, poking Lee's arm.
"I was gone the majority of summer - I doubt they'll be happy with me not having christmas with them."
"Ugh. So selfish of them."
Lee rolled his eyes, fond smile on his face, "You're ridiculous."