Chapter Fourty Five

"Are these badges really necessary?" I sighed, fiddling with the badge that lay on Beth's chest.
"Yes it is - Harry had no right! Us Hufflepuffs hardly get any recognition! We deserved a chance! Cedric deserved to have his own bloody glory!" Beth shouted passionately, other Hufflepuffs shouting in agreement.
I put my hands up defensively, "woah woah. You know I love Ced, but Harry is just a kid! It's not his fault he was picked. But these badges? They're bullying. 'Potter Stinks?' Who made these, Draco?"
"Well - kinda" Beth replied, hanging her head slightly in shame.
"Wow"
"You will not guilt me today!" She exclaimed
"Yeah yeah. Just - think about the badge - what happened to being the nice ones" I scoffed.

I walked back over to Fred and George who were fiddling with a firework prototype that they had made a few days prior. I settled next to Fred, resting my head on his shoulder as I watched the twins work. Fred flashed me a smile before turning back to the product in front of him.
"It still isn't hovering long enough" George grunted, the spark nipping at his fingertips.
"It's too dense" I pointed out "you need to decrease the density - or maybe use a permanent weight charm to decrease it"
The two gave me a look.
"Fine I'll look it up" I sighed dramatically, standing up and stalking off to the library.
"Thank you -"
"- we owe you one!"
"Yeah yeah"

As I weaved through the mass of students milling in the corridor my mind was set on how I could help Harry. At this rate, it still didn't seem like any of his friends were being of any help,  this wasn't something he could do alone and with the first test fast approaching I was determined to help him.
"Speak of the devil" I muttered to myself, watching as Harry pushed his way through the crowd.
"Harry!" I shouted, waving him over towards me.
The boy smiled, rushing over to me, "yeah?"
"Have you figured out the first task yet?"
"Dragons" he whispered.
"Well shit" I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him into the library "you got a plan?"
"Sure - use magic?" He said hesitantly.
"Really Harry?" I sighed, facepalming, "Cedric is a good friend of mine and I know he'll have a plan by now - we need to work on your strengths"
"I can fly?"
"We can work with that!" I exclaimed, looking for the book for the twins as I spoke to Harry, "know how to use accio?"
Harry nodded mutely
"Easy. Just accio firebolt and kick that dragons ass - though not physically because Charlie would get upset"
"Any other tips?"
"Aguamenti can be used to dampen the dragon's fire"
Harry just gave me a confused look.
"Oh - right sorry we learnt it earlier this year" I said, taking the book I needed off the shelf, "I can teach you it if you want"
"Please"
"Okay ... let's pop by McGonagalls office and ask if I can get a room to teach you in. I'm sure she'll say yes"

"There" I smiled triumphantly, closing the door to a spare classroom behind me, "let's get started"
I spent roughly an hour teaching Harry how to use the spell. By the end he hadn't mastered it, but had managed to get a spurt of water from the tip of his wand.
"You'll have to practice but if you keep going at this rate then you'll get this done in no time"

"Thank you!" He said, hugging me tightly, "you have no idea how much this is going to help"I chuckled amusedly, ruffling his hair before he began walking away

I chuckled amusedly, ruffling his hair before he began walking away.
"No problem - oh and Harry?"
"Yeah?"
"Just don't die"
"I'll try"