Chapter Ninety

"I'm going to need you all to stay upstairs this evening" Molly said, patting my shoulder as she walked past, dinner sat on the table.
"Why?" Ron asked, mouth full of his mashed potatoes.
"No talking with your mouth full" she chided, looking at all of us before sighing, "We are guests in this house and there are people coming over. It'll be best if you're out of the way"
"Wow mum, way to make us feel like burdens" Fred teased, pointing his fork at her.
George leaned over, loudly whispering in Fred's ear, "it's almost like she wants to get rid of us"

"I know!" Fred fake-whispered back, "and here I was thinking we still had a year left before we were thrown out onto the street!"Ginny sniggered as Molly slapped the back of their heads lightly, "oh do stop it""Abuse! Abuse!" George cried, flailin...

Ginny sniggered as Molly slapped the back of their heads lightly, "oh do stop it"
"Abuse! Abuse!" George cried, flailing madly in his seat, "Abu-"
Lee covered his mouth, rolling his eyes with a smile, "Shut up, the rest of us are trying to enjoy our meal"
I burst into a fit of giggles as Lee's smile turned to a look of disgust, yanking his hand away and wiping it on his leg, "Did you lick me? you cretin!"
Hermione tried to give us a disapproving look, defied by the smile that crept into her face.
"Don't worry Molly" I declared, looping my foot around Fred's ankle under the table, "I'll keep them occupied"

"We're not actually staying up here right?" Fred asked, closing the door on Ron's face.
"Of course not" I sighed, "gotta keep up my respectable appearance with your mum... we need the extendable ears, a dungbomb and of course" I did a little twirl, "me"
"Well we have all of those things" George said, grabbing the ears from his bag and handing them to Lee, "so what's the plan?"

"Oh dear, what a muggle thing for me to do. I seemed to have dropped this - oh no" I announced, skipping along the first floor, throwing the dungbomb at Walburga's portrait by the stairwell downstairs.
As the painting began to shriek, the door to the kitchen opened, Molly rushing out to try and stop the rush of pureblood curses escaping her lips. At the same time I caught the attention of Kreacher, the house elf spitting madly.
"Filthy mudblood coming into Mistresses house and -"
I ignored his words, instead goading him into following me, allowing Fred, Lee and George an opportunity to place the Extendable ear near the door we saw Molly come out of.
Eventually, they finally got Walburga to stop wailing, Kreacher retiring to her side.
"Wow" Lee said, sarcastically, "your acting skills never fail to make me tear up"
"Yeah well it worked didnt it, so shut it" I huffed, elbowing him in the side, before wiggling in between him and Fred, "is it working?"
George held up the other end of the ear, proud grin on his face, "Yeah, check it out"
He held it higher, the four of us crowding around it.
Slightly muffled voices filtered through the ear, and Lee smacked his hand down on George's shoulder to restrain from shouting in glee, Fred pressing an enthusiastic kiss to my cheek.
The four of us stood there for five minutes, listening to the group of adults swapping pleasantries, before a loud laugh made us cringe back from the receptor.
"Wotcher, lads!"
We peered over the banister, spotting a bright pink haired woman grinning up at us, holding the other end of the extendable ear, "This is ruddy brilliant!"
The four of us flushed, racing down the stairs and standing in front of her. She laughed, throwing the other end of the ear to us, George hiding it immediately in his jean pocket.
Seconds later, Moody came stomping through the front door, "Nymphadora! I told you to wait outside"
Whirling around, her fair flickered to a deep red, "Don't call me Nymphadora!"
His mechanical eye flickered to the four of us at the bottom of the staircase, a suspicious frown on his face, "Clear the lower floor and then join us in the kitchen" he said, before pushing past the woman, slamming the kitchen door behind him.
"The names Tonks" she said, turning back to us with a smile, "and while I think that trick was wicked, you really do need to stay upstairs"
"We just wanted to know what's happening in there" George pouted, looking at the door woefully.
"Bless you, pet" she chuckled, ruffling his hair, "but really, bugger off before Moody comes and shouts at you. Bastard can be scary when he wants to be"
"I don't doubt that"
Giving the four of us another smile, she waltzed into the kitchen, nodding at the stairs once more before closing the door.
"Right. Well" I said, slightly lost, "Nothing to it I guess"
"We'll get them next time" Fred added unconvincingly, "They wont see it coming"
Lee eyed the door, edging closer to the staircase, "Totally"
"Wanna go back to our room?" George offered, making it sound as if it had been his idea all along.
"Yes"
"Definitely"
"Now. Let's go now"