Chapter One Hundred and Ten

By the time all of the doxies had been cleared out (I had won by three, Lee was not happy) it was almost lunchtime.
"There's no way" Lee huffed, "Count again!"
"We've counted twice! Just admit you lost"
"Fred could you please talk some sense into your girlfriend-"
Fred laughed, holding his hands up, "I wouldn't have said that if I were you"
"talk some sense? you're the one who's refusing to believe basic maths!" I huffed, slamming my bucket down in front of Lee once more, "I knew that Hogwarts not teaching basic school subjects would bite your wizard-borns one day, but I didn't know I'd have to deal with it!"
Then, as he watched, I counted each doxy individually once more, still totalling at 3 more than his batch.
"Are you happy now?" I asked snidely, distantly registering Mrs Weasley talking to the others.
"I guess I'll have to be" he huffed, slouching off to stand by George, who placed a comforting hand on his back, out of sight of the rest of the room.
Fred turned to me, an amused smile on his face, "we never got to have the sneaking around part - that seems like it would've been fun"
"Yeah well I was getting bored of you not making a move. The quidditch final just seemed like a good time for that" I shrugged, snorting as I elbowed his side, "still, it took you long enough to do something afterwards"
"I was nervous!"
"Of what?"
"I don't know, messing up?" He sniggered as I raised an eyebrow at him, swatting at me, "It was a big deal okay!"
I smiled, pressing a kiss to the bottom of his jaw, "Of course it was"

Our moment was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, Mrs Weasley giving us all a firm look and a "Stay here" before leaving, taking the bag of rats down with her.
As soon as she was far away enough, we all rushed to the windows, peering down at the doorstep outside.
"It's Mundungus!" said Hermione. "What's he brought all those cauldrons for?"
"Probably looking for a safe place to keep them," said Harry. "Isn't that what he was doing the night he was supposed to be tailing me? Picking up dodgy cauldrons?"
"Yeah, you're right!" said Fred, as the front door opened; Mundungus heaved his cauldrons through it and disappeared from view. "Blimey, Mum won't like that. . . ."
The twins flitted over to the door, pressing their ears against the wood and listening intently.
"Mundungus is talking to Sirius and Kingsley," Fred muttered, frowning with concentration. "Can't hear properly . . . d'you reckon we can risk the Extendable Ears?"
"Might be worth it," said George. "I could sneak upstairs and get a pair —"
At that exact moment, Mrs Weasley's shouting began to echo through the house.
"WE ARE NOT RUNNING A HIDEOUT FOR STOLEN GOODS!"
"I love hearing Mum shouting at someone else," said Fred, with a satisfied smile on his face as he opened the door an inch or so to allow Mrs. Weasley's voice to permeate the room better. "It makes such a nice change."
"— COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE, AS IF WE HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT WITHOUT YOU DRAGGING STOLEN CAULDRONS INTO THE HOUSE —"
"The idiots are letting her get into her stride," said George, shaking his head. "You've got to head her off early, otherwise she builds up a head of steam and goes on for hours. And she's been dying to have a go at Mundungus ever since he sneaked off when he was supposed to be following you, Harry — and there goes Sirius's mum again —"
As the two women's voice began to compete to be heard, George went to shut the door, Kreacher slipping in before he could do so. 
". . . Smells like a drain and a criminal to boot, but she's no better, nasty old blood traitor with her brats messing up my Mistress's house, oh my poor Mistress, if she knew, if she knew the scum they've let in her house, what would she say to old Kreacher, oh the shame of it, Mudbloods and werewolves and traitors and thieves, poor old Kreacher, what can he do. . . ."
"Hello, Kreacher," said Fred very loudly, closing the door with a snap.
The house-elf froze in his tracks, stopped muttering, and then gave a very pronounced and very unconvincing start of surprise.
"Kreacher did not see Young Master," he said, turning around and bowing to Fred. Still facing the carpet, he added, perfectly audibly, "Nasty little brat of a blood traitor it is."
"Sorry?" said George. "Didn't catch that last bit."
"Kreacher said nothing," said the elf, with a second bow to George, adding in a clear undertone, "and there's its twin, unnatural little beasts they are."
"Little beast" Lee snorted, nudging George with a grin, "That's your nickname from now on"
"Don't you dare"
"Always a pleasure, Kreacher" I smiled sarcastically.
". . . and there's the Mudbloods, standing there bold as brass, oh if my Mistress knew, oh how she'd cry, and there's a new boy, Kreacher doesn't know his name, what is he doing here, Kreacher doesn't know . . ."
"This is Harry, Kreacher," said Hermione tentatively. "Harry Potter."
Kreacher's pale eyes widened and he muttered faster and more furiously than ever.
"The Mudblood is talking to Kreacher as though she is my friend, if Kreacher's Mistress saw him in such company, oh what would she say —"
"Don't call her a Mudblood!" said Ron and Ginny together, very angrily.
"It doesn't matter," Hermione whispered, "he's not in his right mind, he doesn't know what he's —"
"Don't kid yourself, Hermione, he knows exactly what he's saying," said Fred, eyeing Kreacher with great dislike, the house-elf still glaring at Harry.
"He's a racist twat. Being a house elf doesn't change any of that" I added.

"Is it true? Is it Harry Potter? Kreacher can see the scar, it must be true, that's that boy who stopped the Dark Lord, Kreacher wonders how he did it —""Don't we all, Kreacher?" said Fred

"Don't we all, Kreacher?" said Fred.