Chapter Seventy Three

"They destroyed the quidditch pitch!"
The whole common room seemed to freeze at Harry's cry, the boy flushing slightly as he noticed the attention.
"They what?" Fred asked angrily, standing up from his seat.
"They flattened the quidditch pitch to plant a maze for the third task"
""They can't do that!" George yelled, Lee backing him up with a supportive pat on the shoulder, "It's public property!"
"Damn right" Angelina added from across the room, "I know quidditch was cancelled this year but we'll still be playing next year! We've got to win the cup again!"
As the common room dissolved into an angry buzz of Gryffindors, I looked at the twins and Lee in horror, "Oliver's going to have a fit when he arrives"

"What's going on there?" I asked, standing in the doorway of the Great Hall with Miles, pointing to the Hufflepuff table where Beth and Ebony were sat opposite Conor.
"Apparently he apologised for how he treated them, both of them, and congratulated them on their new relationship" Miles replied, placing a hand on my shoulder to guide me towards the table, "They wanted to give him a second chance"
I hummed consideringly, "as long as he's polite I have no problem with it"
"Good, because i think he'll be back for a while, yknow when he's not hanging around with Lucinda and Link"
"The Slytherin twins?"
"Yeah, Beth said that they're lovely people, said they call her their hufflebuddy"
"That's adorable"
Sitting beside Beth, I greeted Conor with a cautious wave, watching as he moved aside for Miles.
"Well this is new" I said, clearing my throat awkwardly, "How have you been?"
"I've been alright" he nodded, rubbing the back of his neck, "Look - I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for how everything turned out. I was jealous of Beth and stressed out by my father, it all just went a bit wrong"
Glancing at Beth, she gave me a nod.
"Well, alright then. But try anything like that again and I swear-"
"You'll hex my bits off... I remember your threats, don't worry" Conor then turned to Miles, "and you?"
"I'll be behind her, making sure she doesn't get caught"
"Alright enough threatening, both of you" Beth scolded, slapping the back of my head lightly, "now tell me what's been going on with you all"
Miles smiled at this, leaning forwards with a grin, "I only went and bagged myself a Beauxbatons lady"
"No way! How did you manage that?" Conor laughed, Ebony chiming in with her agreement.
"Yeah, aren't they supposed to be... i don't know, elegant and sophisticated"
Beth snorted at that, bumping in to me, "Their standards must've dropped since living in France"
Miles gasped, clutching a hand to his chest, "I resent that. I can be plenty sophisticated"
"Don't lie to us" I laughed, "tell us how you really managed that"
"I'm attractive and can speak French" he shrugged smugly.
"Prick" Ebony laughed, whacking his head from across the table.
He broke in to a smile, Conor snickering next to him.

"You're unbelievable sometimes""I take that as a compliment" he grinned, stealing some buttered toast off of Beth's plate and popping it in his mouth

"I take that as a compliment" he grinned, stealing some buttered toast off of Beth's plate and popping it in his mouth.
"Oh you whoreson" she growled, kicking his leg under the table.

"So, at what point is it too much amortentia?"
George crouched by the cauldron, poking the finished potion with the ladle.
"Well, we don't know yet" I said, putting my hair into a bun, "so we need to start low and build our way up"
Lee sat down beside George, perfume bottles in his hand, "So what can you smell Georgie?"
"Wouldn't you like to know weather boy"
Fred snorted from his place behind me, shaking his head, "Emily what have you done to my brother"
"Taught him a few more vines, my love" I sang, pressing a kiss to his cheek before kneeling in front of the cauldron, "okay now pass me the ladle"
Keeping my head down, I measured out 2ml of the potion in the ladle, carefully pouring it into the potion bottle that Lee held out for me.
"And we dilute it with water, right?" Lee asked, laughing as George brought out the mason jar with a flourish.
"Purified water" he said, "Merlin get it right Lee"
Fred scoffed, sitting heavily on the floor, "It's just boiled Georgie, not much special about it"
"Well there's a difference" he huffed, looking to me for support, "right?"
Rolling my eyes with a smile, I took the bottle from his hands, "By using purified water we make sure that we're not accidentally infecting the potion with any left over substances that could possibly effect the performance"
"See?" George grinned smugly, tilting his head at Lee's joking sneer.
"Yeah, yeah. You remembered First Year theory, well done" he said sarcastically, looking at Fred for support.
"Probably the only thing he remembered to be fair" Fred added, ducking out of the way as George launched himself towards him.
As the two fought behind me, I carefully poured the water until the bottle was about 8/10ths full, placing the top on and gently swishing around the liquids inside until they were mixed.
"Let me try" Lee said, taking the bottle from my hand and spraying some onto his collar, "did it work?"
Ignoring the shouts of the twins, I sniffed the air, nodding with a smile, "Smells like Fred"
Lee sniggered at that, muttering something that sounded like 'soppy' under his breath before uncapping the bottle and taking a swig.
"Wha- why would you do that you dumbass!" I cried, snatching the bottle out of his hands.
"As if people won't try to use it as a cheap love potion? We need to make sure you've diluted it enough to stop that from happening" he replied, a tone of obviousness in his voice.
I watched as his eyes glazed over slightly, mouth relaxing, "I love you" he sighed, slouching against the wall of the corridor.
"I love you too, dumbass" I replied, laughing at his more affectionate state.
"But I don't love you like that" he added, looking suddenly disgusted, "you're not them"
"Them?"
Lee sighed dreamily, "Yeah"
The fighting noises stopped behind me, George noticing Lee's state.
"What's happened?"
"The idiot drank the potion. I think he's just overly affectionate for now"
"Will he be ok?"
"Yeah, but we're gonna need to rethink this formula" I sighed, snorting a laugh as Lee dragged George into a hug, petting him like a cat.
Fred slung his arm across my shoulders, watching George trying to escape Lee's hold "We definitely need to rethink it"