Chapter Twenty Seven

"You've been ages" George said as the three came back.
"Met a few people" said Ron, setting the water down "You got that fire started yet?"
"Yeah Emily had to do it - Dad almost burned himself twice"

Whilst the fire came back up to heat, I got out the book I had brought, lying down with my head resting on Fred's lap and my feet resting on George.
"You comfortable?" George scoffed, looking at my position.
"Yes I am thanks for asking" I grinned.
"What book is that, love?" Fred asked me, looking down with a slight smile on his face.
"It's an old muggle book. It's called the 'secret garden'"
Before I could explain further, three tall gingers approached the tent.
"Just apparated Dad" Percy said loudly "Ah, perfect, lunch!"

They were halfway through their sausages and egg when Mr Weasley jumped to his feet, waving and grinning at a man who was striding towards them.
"Aha! The man of the moment! Ludo!" Arthur said.
Looking up, my eyes widened at his appearance. He looked rather like a troll had flattened his face (I'm guessing that was as a result of a quidditch accident) and he wore such bright yellow that it almost hurt my eyes.
"Ahoy there!" Bagman called happily, walking over to them with gusto.
"Arthur old man" he huffed, seemingly out of breath "what a day, eh? What a day. Could we have asked for more perfect weather? A cloudless night coming ... hardly a hiccup in arrangements ... not much for me to do!"
As he said this, a large group of haggard-looking ministry workers rushed past, pointing at a fire that was spitting violet sparks twenty feet into the air.

I snorted at the irony, before turning all my attention back to my plate, stuffing my face until my cheeks hurt from chewing.
"Want anymore?" Fred laughed, looking at the amount I had already eaten "I think there's still some left"
"You finished with that?" I asked, my eyes gesturing to his plate.

"Yep"That was all I needed, before I leant forward and stole the sausage

"Yep"
That was all I needed, before I leant forward and stole the sausage.
"No wonder our mum loves you" Charlie laughed, looking over at my plate "you can eat the same amount of food as a small army"
"Don't food shame me Charlie, you can't exactly talk either" I countered, pointing at his still-full plate.
"Touché" Charlie said, making Bill snort.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Arthur introduce Percy to Bagman, who seemed excited to meet him despite the fact that he was talking badly about him at dinner the past night.
"- and this is Fred - no, George, sorry - that's Fred - Bill, Charlie, Ron - my daughter Ginny - and that's the twins' friend Emily Granger, and Ron's friends Hermione Granger and Harry Potter"
The Fred gave a sigh of relief that his father had decided to calm down on the girlfriend labelling, and George just looked thoroughly amused.
"Everyone" Arthur continued "this is Ludo Bagman, you know who he is, and he's the reason we got such good tickets -"
Bagman beamed, waving his hand dismissively as if to say it had been nothing.

"Fancy a flutter on the match, Arthur?" Bagman asked eagerly, his pockets jangling with lose coins.
"Oh go on then - a galleon on Ireland to win?" Arthur said hesitantly.
Bagman looked slightly disappointed, but wrote it down anyway.
"Very well - any other takers?" Bagman asked, looking around at our group.
"They're a bit young to be gambling, Molly wouldnt like -"
"We'll bet 37 galleons, 15 sickles and 3 knuts" said Fred confidently, as he and George quickly looked all of their money "that Ireland will win - but Krum gets the snitch. Oh, and we'll throw in a fake wand"