Chapter Twenty Nine

"Don't Tell your mother that you've been gambling" Mr Weasley implored Fred and George as we all made our way slowly back to the tent.
"Don't worry dad" said Fred gleefully "we have big plans for this money - we don't want in confiscated!"

Raucous singing filled the night air as we got back to the field, the Irish supporters going wild; especially the leprechauns who were shooting over everyone's heads, waving lanterns madly.
By the time we all got back to the tent no one felt like sleeping.
"I don't think this is going to calm down any time soon, let's have a cup of cocoa before we all go to bed, eh?" Mr Weasley suggested, ducking into the tent.

Everyone was soon arguing enjoyably about the match, running through the play-by-plays. I just sat back and listened the whole time, a calm serene smile on my face. At some point throughout the evening, Ginny has fallen asleep on my shoulder, making me giggle. Arthur caught my eye, before looking at his sleeping daughter.
"Okay, think it's time we turn in for the night. Emily - do you mind?"
I shook my head, carefully scooping up the youngest Weasley in my arms.
"How are you doing that?" Bill laughed "shes almost taller than you"
"Watch it Weasley or I'll be carrying you over to a lake and dumping you in it" I whispered, narrowing my eyes at him threateningly. He just flashed back a jovial smile.
Making sure Hermione was behind me, we exited and walked into the next door tent.

"Shall we wake her?" Asked Hermione, peering at her sleeping friend.
"Nah she'll be fine" I replied, placing her gently on one of the beds "you wanna get changed first?"
Hermione nodded, grabbing her clothes and rushing into the bathroom.
I sat down at the table with a sigh, knowing full well I wasn't going to be able to sleep with all the noise going on. Instead, I decided to start packing up everyone's things, getting a pair of clothes out for the girls to wear in the morning and placing them on the ends of their beds. I then took out some parchment and a quill I had brought with me and started doodling absentmindedly.
I heard Hermione come out of the bathroom and tell me goodnight, before climbing into her own bed.

At around 1am the laughing and cheering seemed to turn to screams.
Concerned, I poked my head out of the opening of the tent, hoping it was just happy screams. Instead of the joyous celebrations from earlier, the tents were up in a blaze, masked men marching through the field, levitating a family of muggles.
I stared on horrified for a moment, not really believing my eyes.

As another round of screams occurred, I snapped out of my trance and turned around

"Hermione! Ginny! Get up! Up! Now!"
"What?" Hermione grumbled.
"I'm not playing - people are setting tents on fire! GET UP!" I roared in a panic "I've got to go warm Mr Weasley - GINNY GET UP!"
The two girls scrambled out of bed in fright - Hermione rushing to put her clothes on.
"Stay in here until I come back for you - do you understand me?"
They nodded, and I dashed into the boys tent.

Running over to Mr Weasley's bedside, I shook him awake.
"Wha-?"
"Mr Weasley the tents are being set on fire, you have to get everyone up now!"