Chapter Twenty Three

"Hello Molly!" I called, running towards the Burrow.
"Ah hello dear" she smiled warmly, pulling me into a tight hug "I trust you're doing well, Fred's been talking a lot about you this summ-"
"Mum!" Fred moaned, snatching me out of her arms and pulling me into a hug.
"Does she know?" I whispered into his ear.
"Ginny told her that we kissed" he said, a slight tremor in his voice "I'm sorry"
"No- it's okay. She doesnt hate me - right?!"
We pulled away from the hug, and I saw Molly tearing up at the doorway.
"I'm going to take that as a no" I giggled, looking back at him.
Molly was soon distracted as Hermione turned up (she was a few minutes behind because she didn't want to run. "I'm not running - you don't need to you're just going to wear yourself out") So Fred and I moved out of earshot.

George sped down the stairs, launching himself at me with a happy yell. I laughed and hugged him back.
"Welcome back to the burrow soon to be sister in law!" He screeched, receiving a whack to the stomach by Fred.
"What the hell George?"
"What did I do? I'm only being observational"
"Do you even know what that words means?"
"Yes in fact I do"
"That's kind of impressive"
"Thanks Fred"
"No problem George"
I stood there, arms crossed, watching the exchange with great amusement. I waved to Ron as he walked past me, on his way to save Hermione from his mother's hugs.

Pulling the twins upstairs and into their room, I grabbed my bag and brought out some books and a piece of parchment.
"Boys. I've done it. I've found everything I think we need - definitely with no help whatsoever from Sirius - we could do this"
The twins looked back at me gobsmacked.
"If you won't kiss her I bloody will" George shouted, excitement rushing across his face.
Fred scoffed and kissed my cheek enthusiastically, before looking at the plans.
"Obviously we cant to magic outside of school yet, so we'll have to start when we get back, but if we work out what we want it to say / look like we can finish it so much quicker. We can make another map"
"You're a genius" Fred grinned.
"Well, not to brag, but I did get 11 OWLs - 10 Os and one E" I drawled, a smirk prominent on my features.
"What?" George gasped "we got three each!"
I opened my mouth to scold them, but George swiftly shut me up.
"Our parents have already had a go at us -"
"So has Percy -"
"And Bill-"
"And Charlie-"
"Even Ginny! -"
"If you tell us off I swear to Merlin I'll jump off my broom"

"Okay okay" I laughed, hands up in surrender. It was only then that the smell of their room set in.
"Can I smell gunpowder?"
"Yes! We finally started on our products!" George squealed, digging up a loose floorboard and showing me what they had made so far.
"No way! The toffees! Did it work?" I asked, shocked that they had actually taken my idea into consideration.
"Like a charm! We're taking them over to Harry's tomorrow. Going to 'accidentally' drop some. Might as well test them out on someone who deserves it" Fred snickered, the image of a long-tongued Dudley swimming around in his head.
"Now I've got to come" I said, "I don't want to miss that face"
"You'll have to ask dad, he's already bringing Ron and us two, I'm sure he won't mind"
I nodded enthusiastically, excited to see the products in action.
"Come up with a name yet?" I asked.
"Weasley's Wizard Wheezes" The said in unison, proud smiles etched onto their faces.
I repeated the name several times in my head, before bursting or laughing.
"Its perfect!"
They both let out a sigh of relief, glad I liked it.
"Oooh wait wait, hand me some parchment"
Fred swiftly passed me some that was lying on his bedside table, and I grabbed a quill and some ink, instantly scribbling across the page.
"How's this?" I asked, holding up the parchment so that they could see.

"Yes" George said, happiness radiating around him "we didn't think of the logo Fred

"Yes" George said, happiness radiating around him "we didn't think of the logo Fred. Look at it!"
"Bloody brilliant" he laughed, picking me up and spinning me around.
A knock was heard at the door and I rushed to open it. Standing there were 2 tall redheads.
"BILL! CHARLIE!" I screamed, launching myself into their arms. they stumbled back slightly, chuckling at my reaction.
"So heard you might be joining the family pretty soon" Bill winked.
I blushed, hitting his arm.
"Shut up" I grumbled.
"Hey, as I've said before. It would be nice to have a sister" Charlie added with a cheeky grin.
An indignant scream could be heard from downstairs.
"Ah ignore her - she's basically a boy"
"Only cos you know I could kick your arse!" Ginny shouted angrily from the bottom of the stairs, earning equally loud shouts from Molly.

"Fred! George! Ron! Your fathers waiting for you!" Molly shouted. Suddenly, the sound of a stampede came from the stairs, all three redheads now standing at the bottom.
"Weasleys. Assemble" I shouted, and the three followed along, lining up and saluting.
"Chop chop. Follow Agent Arthur" I commanded, the smile not leaving my face as they all lined up in front of the fireplace.
I had forced them all to watch the Avengers movies last night, on my laptop I had brought over. It took about an hour of convincing Arthur to shut up, but everyone seemed to enjoy it in the end.

As they travelled through the fireplace, Molly cape up to me, face full of disbelief.
"How on earth did you do that?"
"She has them wrapped around her little finger" Ginny said, seemingly popping out of nowhere. Hermione snorted with laughter in the corner, silently agreeing with her.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
Now everyone was laughing. Before I could get an answer, I had realised Ron had gone through meaning it was my turn.
"We'll talk about this later" I said, jokingly narrowing my eyes and throwing down the green powder.
"Harry Potter's house - Privet Drive"

I landed with a whoosh, waving the smoke out of my eyes.
"-didn't occur to me that we wouldn't to be able to get out of the other end-"
I stepped into the centre of the room, winking at Fred.
"Lily?" a small voice choked out. Confused, I whipped around to come face to face with Mrs Dudley.

"I'm sorry - what did you call me?"My Scottish twang seemed to throw her off, her frightened, angry expression morphing into one of sadness

My Scottish twang seemed to throw her off, her frightened, angry expression morphing into one of sadness. Vernon, however, was fuming.
"WHAT KIND OF TRICKERY IS THIS?" He bellowed, making me take a few steps back in fear. Fred ran to stand in front of me, holding my hand behind his back, the other holding his wand threateningly in front of him.
"I- I'm going to go back. I'll meet you back at the burrow" I said quietly, rushing back to the fireplace. He sent me a nod and proceeded to glare harshly at Mr Dursley.
"The burrow" I said clearly, throwing down the powder.
"If you ever get near her like that again you will not want to see what I do" he said, voice dark.

When I arrived back at the burrow, I quickly excused myself up to the twins bedroom, letting the gunpowder smell wash over me, calming me.