Chapter One Hundred and Forty Three

"Right, I cant deal with you two sulking anymore." I announced, nodding at Lee to pull George out of bed, "It's snowing so we-" I grunted, attempting to pull Fred out from under his covers, "-are going to go out and play in the snow."
A muffled groan escaped Fred, his free hand pushing his pillow further into his face.
George swatted at Lee, "Leave us be."
"No, you're being a right sour git. Get up." Lee pulled especially hard, the redhead tumbling out of bed on top of him.
Not getting anywhere with Fred, I gave up, huffing. "Fine, I guess I'll just go throw snowballs at people on my own."
Fred's head peeked above his bedsheets, "Could we... throw them at the window?"
George perked up at that, "Piss Ron off?"
I rolled my eyes, "You're unbelievable."
"It's almost been three ruddy weeks." Pushing his boyfriend off his body, Lee struggled to his feet, "Just get dressed and meet us in the Great Hall. Idiots."

"Emily!"
I turned around, dropping the snowball as if I'd been caught red handed by McGonagall.
Instead, and perhaps more terrifying, Angelina trudged towards me through the snow.
"I didn't do it!" I called, running towards Fred and hiding behind his body.
"Whatever you're doing, I will not stand by and let you murder my girlfriend."
"Fred. Move."
He patted my hand apologetically, before removing my arms from around him and stepping aside. At my affronted look, he raised his hands in surrender, "She's scary, sorry."
"Nice to know where we stand."
Angelina just huffed angrily, grabbing my arm and dragging me along with her.
"Angie - what... what are you doing, you crazy woman!"
"Tryouts for stand-in players are today, and all the people that showed up for beater make me want to rip my braids out," she said, stomping along, "I'll be damned if I have to deal with two incompetent players."
"An - Im the commenter, I cant -"
She shushed me, pulling me through the school grounds determinedly.
Finally arriving at the quidditch pitch, she stopped to take a deep breath before pushing me towards the group gathered in the middle, "Lee can cope on his own."
Running her hands across her face, she moved to stand next to Katie, clapping her hands together, "Right! On my little detour I thought about the seeker try outs - welcome to the team Ginny Weasley!"
I hollered, clapping my hands as Ginny made her way up to the front.

"GO GINNY!"She rolled her eyes at me, but laughed as she shook Angelina's hand

"GO GINNY!"
She rolled her eyes at me, but laughed as she shook Angelina's hand.
"And now for the beater try-outs" Angelina announced, motioning at the remaining people.
I took a step back, freezing as Angelina's glare pinned me to the spot, "First up, Emily Granger."
"I -"
At her next glare, I shut my mouth, accepting my fate as a broom was pushed into my hands.
Taking to the sky, I went through reps with a bludger, using my years of watching the twins to successfully bullshit my way through.
As I landed, Katie slapped my shoulder cheerfully, "We might just have hope yet!"
"Can you talk some sense into Angelina please-"
"After that performance? Not bloody likely."
I scowled, sulking over to Ginny's side.
"You were good up there," she smiled, nudging me, "Could give the twins a run for their money."
"Don't let them hear that, they'll never forgive me." I rested my head in my hands for a few moments as Angelina shouted at the current flyer, letting out my frustration in a muffled shout before turning to Ginny. "Anyway, enough about me being kidnapped and forced and wand-point to fly, you got seeker!"
She blushed a deep scarlet, puffing her chest out almost defensively, "Yeah. Yeah I did."
"I'm proud of you, you know that?"
She looked down at me, almost hesitantly, "Really? You're not playing with me?"
"Of course I mean it! From what I've seen over the years, you're good. I can't think of anyone else that could even have a chance of replacing Harry."
"I don't want to replace him."
"Fine, stand in. Either way my point stands."
She seemed to mull over this for a moment, before flashing me a grin. "Thanks."
"Anytime." We sat for a few moments in silence, looking up at Andrew Kirke running through the drills. "You're just as good as your brothers, you do realise that? Arguably better in some places."
"I... thank you?"
"Just - don't think that you're only getting this because people were banned. You do deserve it."
She settled her shoulders, standing taller. "... Yeah."