(The) Dispute

Warning: Swearing.

Nobody had realised where the topic was heading as they talked, not until the voices rose and the fingers twitched.

Surprisingly, the groups' current argument had been started by Frank. Well, technically, it was started by Annabeth bouncing off of Frank's words and enraging every omega in the room, even Will and Hazel. So it wasn't really Frank's fault.

"What do you mean omegas don't have it bad? Where the fuck were you when I fell?"

By 'fell' he meant drowned. If omegas didn't have it bad then why did Nico spend years stumbling alone in the dark? No one wanted to help as they didn't deem it necessary - Nico, wasn't necessary.

Annabeth continued to tell Nico, over and over again, that he wasn't left alone out there just because he was an omega. Each new sentence raised the volume of Nico's eyeroll, the intensity of his glare.

Piper continued to try and push between the two, as did Grover. The two betas were having a rather difficult time trying to push the two apart, whilst also trying not to anger them further.

It wasn't working.

Poor Frank sat practically alone on the couch, his head ducked and neck bared. Anyone who knew him knew he wasn't a violent person, that he hated confrontations.

But at this moment in time, he'd rather that than feel the way his two omegas stared down at him, silent and blank.

A hand on each of their necks brought them out of their trance-like states, Katie stood behind them with a serious look before her lips tilted up into a gentle smile.

Both Leo and Hazel's whole demeanour changed, their arms falling to their sides as their shoulders drooped, tension slowly leaving their bodies.

Katie's gentle smile turned secretly fond as she made eye contact with Travis, watching his own lips lilt at the corner as he slightly shook Calypso before slowly moving his hands from her shoulders. Just as with Leo and Hazel, the tension in her muscles began to seep out of her, easing Frank as he began to lift his head.

As Travis and Katie continued to monitor the four, they witnessed Leo and Hazel bridge the large gap between the two alphas, Hazel curling up next to her mate as Leo pulled his friend closer.

Travis moved from his spot behind the couch to beside Katie, the two of them taking a seat on the floor instead of searching for spare seats and possibly disrupting the scenes around them.

Chris could barely hold in a grimace as his hand was squeezed tighter, the grip on his forearm just as strong.

How he'd been stuck as the stress toy for two alphas when the amount of betas in the room outnumbered the alphas, he didn't know.

Despite having more of a sense of colleague-ship than an actual friendship, no awkwardness was shown as Reyna squeezed all of her frustration and instincts out into the clutch she had on Chris' - by now - bruised arm.

Even if she could handle her feelings on her own, by herself, the group had come to a recent promise of not doing exactly that.

She wasn't necessarily complaining, better Chris risked broken bones than she did crescent-shaped scars on her palms.

On Chris' other side, Clarisse's thoughts bordered along the same line, giving no fucks about whether or not she crushed her poor boyfriend's hand.

In their minds, better the unfortunate beta than the two fuming omegas in front of them.

Jason stood tall and proud, his shoulders squared as he forced himself to keep that air of intimidation he knew he could. To his left and slightly behind him stood Will, blue eyes just as stormy as he stood with his arms folded across his chest, not unlike how Leo and Hazel had been.