Christmas Prompts (6/25)

Ship: Percico
Prompt: You stole my reindeer.

Percy ducked under another tree branch, jumping over a log.

A group of them had gone on an adventure, straight into the snowy woods outside their town.

Percy was the only one still exploring, heading deeper and deeper into the woods despite his friends clearly telling him not to.

It was their own fault, he decided. They're the ones who left him out in the woods alone.

You shouldn't leave someone out in the woods alone anyway, especially not Percy Jackson. Now that was just asking for trouble.

Percy jolted slightly as he heard a sort of grunting noise to his left, a little ways behind him.

Turning, he found himself face to face with a reindeer. Although finding it odd for a reindeer to be here, Percy walked towards it, his head tilted to one side.

Percy took small, slow steps, the reindeer watching him with cautious eyes.

He paused when the reindeer tilted it's chin downwards, it's would-be antlers pointing towards him.

Percy took pride in being able to tell it was a male. Realistically, he took pride in - for once - being able to avoid death threats from his friend Annabeth.

Oh, he didn't know the capital city of Tuvalu, so what.

After the disappointed stare and dictionary to the face, Percy made sure to memorise the capital of Tuvalu.

The capital of Tuvalu is Funafuti, he thought.

Oh thank gods, he still remembered it.

He swore Annabeth took actual offence to someone not knowing something, even if they'd simply forgotten.

The reindeer tilted his head forward more, so he was practically staring down at his hooves.

He looked to be bowing. To Percy. To Percy? Why would he bow to Percy?

Percy looked behind him.

No, there was no one there.

The reindeer grunted again, bringing Percy's attention back onto him.

It was then that Percy noticed how dark the reindeer's fur was, the almost black standing out against the silvery-white.

Percy took the last few steps needed to reach the animal, his head slightly tilted.

He held his hand out, surprised when the reindeer bumped his snout against Percy's palm almost immediately.

Percy bit his thumb, continuing to pace a hole into his mother's flooring.

Percy stopped pacing, his head darting from the reindeer stood in his living room over to the blonde sat with her head down, muttering to herself as her pen scribbled across the page.

Next to her sat her girlfriend, a rather amused looking redhead just itching to get out her sketchbook and draw the reindeer.

Percy let out a loud wail-like sound before he continued to pace, nibbling on the tip of his thumb out of habit.

Percy's first and closest friend sat just next to the reindeer, calming Percy's nerves slightly by paying attention to the animal.

"I'm just saying, it's such a Percy thing to do."

Percy turned quickly, his eyes meeting the kaleidoscopic wonders belonging to his friend.

"What did you expect me to do?! Besides, you would do the same!"