Christmas Prompts (15/25)

Ship: Jason x Percy x Leo
Prompt: Where is my Leo???

Percy sat, sulking, on Jason's bed, waiting for his boyfriend to return from a 'quick training session' in the arena.

Five long, slow minutes later, Jason returned, out of breath and sweaty.

"I'm just going to go and shower off. I'll be back in a second."

Jason's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he walked off, grabbing a fresh set of clothes before leaving the cabin to head for the showers.

Why they hadn't built bathrooms into each cabin when they rebuilt them, no one knew.

Percy huffed loudly, an attempt to cover - or at least distract from - his sniffles.

It had weirded Jason out slightly how Percy hadn't immediately jumped up and ran to hug him, as he usually would. He'd delay Jason's leaving time with offers of cuddles until Jason had to kiss his forehead apologetically before running out the door in real need of a shower.

This time, Percy had just watched grumpily from his spot on Jason's bed, his arms crossed over his chest.

Percy wiped at his eyes quickly, having felt like they were starting to water.

When Jason returned, with damp hair and a bundle of dirty clothes in hand, Percy had moved, now laying on his back with his head off the end of Jason's bed, his feet pointing towards the top.

His cheeks looked wet, as if tears had fallen but been wiped away quickly.

Jason, slightly panicked, dumped his clothes in his cabin's hamper - each cabin had one, or more, depending on the amount of campers - before rushing over to Percy to kneel by his head.

"What's wrong Percy?"

As he spoke, Jason gently wiped Percy's cheek, placing a kiss on the tip of his nose when his cheeks were dry.

"Where's my Leo?"

Percy's voice cracked halfway through, only noticeable because Jason was leaning so close to be able to hear in the first place.

Jason's eyes met Percy's, noticing how sad they looked.

Now, Jason obviously knew where their boyfriend was.

"I don't know Perce. Maybe he'll show up later."

Jason felt his heart pang when Percy nodded, sitting up slowly and holding his arms out for Jason.

Jason stood before climbing onto the bed, allowing Percy to wrap his arms around him and hide his face in his hair.

Honestly, Jason wanted to tell Percy where Leo was but he knew he couldn't, especially if he didn't want to anger Leo.

Last year, Percy had absolutely spoiled his boyfriends with homemade gifts and sweet gestures. For a whole two weeks.

And so this year, they wanted to do something just as special for him in return.

That's where Leo was now, hiding away in Bunker 9, working hard on their present for Percy.

"Why do you guys keep leaving me?"

"Huh?"

Confused, Jason tried to turn in order to see Percy's face but found he couldn't, Percy having pulled Jason closer to his body and hidden his face behind the back of his neck, hugging him from the side.

"You both keep disappearing for long periods of time. And when you come back, the other one goes." Percy muttered the last part much quieter, barely audible in order to hide the tears in his voice.

"Why you leave me?"

Jason didn't answer, he didn't know how to. Instead he just prayed for Leo to be finished right about now, hopefully on his way to the Zeus cabin.

As far as Jason remembered, they were scheduled to have it done today, just in time for Christmas really.

They sat in silence for a while, Jason already having figured out that Percy was crying but unable to do anything as Percy's arms around him didn't allow him space to move.

When the door finally opened, Percy didn't notice, too busy trying to silence his tears that had by now turned into sobs.

When Leo saw the scene before him, his eyebrows furrowed, staring at Jason with a mixture of anger and confusion.

"Why's he crying? Who made our Percy cry?"

Jason looked down, his voice full of regret.

"We did."

Percy sudden stopped crying, peaking out from behind Jason to see if it really was Leo.

When he saw that it was, he let go of Jason before jumping and running over to Leo.

"Leo!"

And then Leo was being wrapped tightly in one of Percy's hugs - that everyone who had had one could say they adored - held closely to Percy's body, his head resting against his chest.

Percy pulled away slightly when he felt a box graze against his stomach as Leo moved it.

"What's that Leo?"

In Leo's hand was a dark blue box, covered in a coating of pretty wave patterns.

Leo smiled, moving out of the hug in order to hold the box out to Percy, gesturing to both himself and Jason.

"Merry Christmas, from the both of us."

His voice came out a little shy, which he internally cursed himself for. After all that practicing he did, his voice still came out as a shy mumble.

Percy looked from Leo to Jason, his mouth open slightly.

He stared at the box's design once more before carefully flicking open the little gold latch on the front.

He lifted the lid up gently, his face breaking out into a smile when music reached his ears.

The song was a melody his mother used to sing to him every night before bed, often being the only thing to keep away his pending nightmares or get such a restless kid to go to sleep.

In the bottom of the box was a couple little trinkets and ornaments.

There was one of three dolphins, gently hugging the side of an underwater snow globe.

Next to it was a funky looking Eagle, top hat and moustache and all.

On the inside of the lid was a photo of the three of them, with big, happy smiles on their faces as they sat at the beach at Camp Half-blood, slightly away from their other friends.

The picture had been taken last month by Piper, without any of their knowledge. Meaning every smile in that picture was genuine.

In front of the picture was a mini trident, spinning slowly as the music played.

As Percy picked up the snow globe in order to get a better look at it, he spotted a silver ring, placed next to an engraving at the bottom of the box.

'Percy,
I love you so much, Jason loves you so much. Now, Jason said this engraving had to be really heartfelt but I lost the draft he wrote for it. So,

Just please marry us?'

Percy huffed a laugh, looking up at his boyfriends and nodding.

"Yes."

"Oh thank gods!"

Too busy doing his - well deserved - victory dance, Leo didn't notice Jason grab the ring from the box and slide it onto Percy's finger before wiping away the tears running down his cheeks - this time happy ones.

When Leo turned, he found his boyfriends lost in a kiss, the music box placed gently on the bed so as not to get broken.

"Oi, I want a kiss too."

The two pulled away, smiling. Percy was the first to reach Leo so he got the first kiss, followed closely by Jason.