Hide The Baby Part 2

Warning: Self-loathing thoughts. Slight swearing.

Percy wasn't exactly surprised when Jason started avoiding him. Gods, he barely even looked at him.

Percy couldn't blame him, they'd done the unthinkable.

The guilt was eating Percy up from the inside, every smile from Piper breaking his heart that little bit more.

Three days after their little affair, Percy found himself outside Jason and Piper's apartment.

He took a deep breath before knocking, his heart pounding loudly inside his chest.

Percy didn't have to wait long before the door swung open, his eyes meeting Piper's surprised face.

Percy felt his stomach drop as Piper smiled at him, kindness oozing off of her in waves.

Percy subconsciously pulled his sleeves a little lower, clutching the material in his fists tightly.

He smiled back at Piper, small, unsure.

Piper invited him inside, offering him something to drink.

As they sat down, drinks in hand, Percy felt his eyes start to water.

Piper's face grew concerned as she shuffled closer to Percy, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"What's wrong Percy?"

That was all it took for Percy to break, tears streaming down his face.

It took a while for him to explain it to Piper, his voice filled with shame.

Percy sobbed as Piper wrapped her arms around him, pulling his head into her chest.

Why was Piper such a good person?

"Percy-"

"I'm sorry!"

Percy couldn't stop the tears from falling, sniffling slightly.

"I'm so sorry, Piper. I'm such a bad person. I-I didn't mean to. It-it wasn't Jason's fault, I promise! He was drunk and- oh gods, he was drunk. Does that m-mean?"

Percy's voice was hysterical, his words interrupted by frequent sobs.

Piper felt her heart clench, clutching Percy tighter.

Piper rubbed a soothing hand along Percy's back, the circular motions distracting Percy and calming him slightly.

"Shh, Percy, it's okay. I'm not mad. I'm not mad at you, I'm not mad at Jason either. And you're not a bad person. You're like the most pure-hearted person I have ever met. I've never met anyone as good, or kind as you."

Percy shook his head, his lip trembling.

He felt bad, Piper had forgiven him for doing such a horrible thing and yet, in his mind, he was calling her a liar.

He couldn't help but feel like it was deserved though. Percy was like the worst person you could ever meet. He was horrible, selfish, unkind. Pretty much the complete opposite of what Piper said he was.

The exact opposite of Piper.

They sat like that until Percy had stopped crying, looking up when they heard the front door open.

Jason made his way into the living room, his jaw clenching slightly when he spotted Piper and Percy on the couch, Percy's head resting against her chest.

Both of their arms were wrapped around each other, Percy's face red and blotchy.

"Percy..."

Percy bowed his head, unable to meet Jason's eyes, willing his tears to stay away.