Connor x Percy (Fluff)

Warning: Swearing and Hera.

It had been a month since the Giant War, the camps were slowly being rebuilt. New Athens was currently an ongoing project too. The Roman's had their own city, why shouldn't the Greeks?

Everywhere he looked, Percy seemed to come face to face with all those sickeningly cute couples. So in love they didn't even notice the people around them.

Now, don't get him wrong, he loved his friends dearly. He was happy they were happy but that didn't stop the ache in his heart. The ache to feel what they feel. To be someone's one and only, just as they were his. He wanted to know true love.

The closest thing he'd had to true love had been Luke. That hot older guy who actually seemed to see him. Luke didn't treat him like some brat. He saw him as Percy. A cool kid to hang out with. Someone who was annoying in an entirely adorable way. Or that's what Percy thought. Turns out Luke was just like everybody else. No, scratch that. Luke was worse than everybody else because he actually pretended to care. Was Percy really that unloveable?

It didn't help that everybody seemed set on making 'Percabeth' a thing. They all made it so painfully obvious Percy had actually started to feel embarrassed for them. Percy and Annabeth were just friends at the time. If that. Annabeth didn't like Percy at all, what was he supposed to do about it. And then they became friends. They continued to grow closer throughout the years. Going on countless quests together. Then they figured out they loved each other. Not how everyone thought they did, no. Not in a boyfriend/girlfriend way. More in a 'I'm your big sister you better listen to me' and 'yeah, I'll start listening to you when Zeus decides he wants to have a tea party with me' kinda way. They were family. Not potential love interests.

Didn't help that they were both hella gay.

So they did what had seemed like the most logical thing at the time. They got together, hoping to appease everyone around them and hopefully save their eardrums from the squealing that was Aphrodite. They went out in public. Kissed, held hands. Pretended that they were that adorably cute couple that would go on to get married and have like four kids. And then they'd return to the Poseidon cabin at the end of the day and see who could fit the most mints in their mouth. They'd stand at opposite ends of the room and throw them, the other trying to catch them with their mouth.

That continued on for a good four months. Everyone seemed to buy the loving couple act. And then Hera had to come in, seeming to think she was a magician and that Percy was her willing assistant. But Percy was neither willing nor her assistant.

She performed her best disappearing act (which if he was being honest he had to give her a little credit for seeing as how he was missing for about six months) and expected everyone to just not care. The goddess of family ladies and gentlemen and everyone in between. (Percy does not discriminate unlike a certain goddess of marriage.)

So while Percy was either unconscious or living on the streets on the run from monsters, Jason Grace was living a life of luxury with a best friend, a roof over his head, an education and a new girlfriend. Well he had a new girlfriend if you ignore the fact that said girlfriend was also hella gay. A minute of silence for Jason Grace everyone. He was dating a secret lesbian the poor thing (note the massive amount of sarcasm in that sentence).

Percy was surprised she didn't just let him keep his memories too. So much for hating children of Zeus/Jupiter. What the Hades went through that woman's mind at the time? 'Ah yes, let's take one cherished teenage hero and make him vulnerable. Oh look, there's another teenage hero. Hmm, not vulnerable enough yet. Ahh, that's better. I wonder... let's place this one in a school. There's a satyr there who'll make sure he gets to camp safely. Ooh, let's make the poor orphan his best friend. Think. Think. What is missing? Oh that's it! Let's give him a girlfriend who's secretly a massive lesbian stuck in the closet. Add in some fake memories. Perfect. Aww, this ones still weak and vulnerable. Still doesn't remember a thing. Let's just shove him in a house full of wolves and leave him to fend for himself. That'll show him.' Bitch.