Out Of My League

Warning: Swearing and Annabitch.

I've given this one a title because I'm planning on writing a part two at some point but I'll let you guys pick what pairing.

I'm sorry if it's annoying it's just that I did originally have a pairing but I felt like it was already really long and it would have taken a while for them to even become friends let alone start dating.

Annabeth was sick of it. Sick of that... thing she called a boyfriend. He never listened to anything she had to say. He always made sure to prioritize himself. Even when she had cut her finger when they were making dinner once. So what if it had only been a small cut and she had actually caused more pain to him whilst he was trying to help.

He couldn't even tidy up her bed right. What kind of boyfriend does such a half-arsed job at cleaning up their girlfriend's things whilst said girlfriend is just trying to eat some breakfast. And he had the audacity to ask why she doesn't do it herself. Does he not care about her health at all?

She had finally snapped when he didn't get her what she wanted for Valentine's day. It doesn't matter that he couldn't afford it. That he had taken up several different jobs alongside going to school to get her other presents to try and make up for it. What is she supposed to do with three bouquets of roses? What is she supposed to do with two boxes of chocolate, does he want her to get fat? He didn't even get the right book genre. It doesn't matter how many books he got because they weren't the right genre. And then he decided that a picnic on the beach was apparently a good idea. She still got water all over her even with Percy insisting that they were sat too far away from it. The only upside to that had been that she was wearing the hideous gray dress he had gotten her just for the date.

She'd had enough. How could anyone be so stupid? She'd finally snapped.

She had spent hours ranting about all of his flaws. About how stupid he was. How he was lucky she was still dating him because he was so far out of her league it wasn't even funny. About how he was out of everyone's league and that he would be nothing without her. He wouldn't have even made it through his first quest without her let alone two whole wars. About how he claimed to be a hero and have defeated Kronos when they both know that it was pretty much all thanks to her that they won. That he took the credit for something he never did.

He'd just sat there with a sad smile on his face.

"...I'm honestly surprised Sally even wants you still."

"Is it my turn now?"

Annabeth was intrigued. She wondered what insults he would try and come up with for her. Not that there is any anyway. This will be fun.

Crossing her arms over her chest she nodded, evaluating that sad smile.

"First off, I know. I know I'm stupid. I know I'm out of everyone's league and that I'd be nothing without you. You're so beautiful and smart and I'm just me. I'm honestly so thankful that you stuck with me all these years and I'm sorry I couldn't give you better. I'm sorry that I ruined our date. I know it's no excuse but I really did try. I've been planning this for months. Saving up for even longer. I even managed to save enough for us to be able to go out to dinner in the mortal world after. I'd made a reservation at your favourite restaurant. I'm sorry we couldn't do that. I know you don't get out of camp much unless you're visiting your family and I ruined your chance. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. Please forgive me Wise Girl. I'll make it up to you I swear. I'll plan extra for your birthday. I'll pick up a few more shifts to get you more presents. I'll go out of my way to make you feel special everyday because that's what you are and I'm sorry for making you doubt yourself and your abilities. It was selfish of me and you don't deserve it. I don't deserve you and yet you still love me."