Secrets

Warning: Implied sexual content but that's about it.

Percy was scared. Scared that Annabeth was going to leave him.

She'd been spending more and more time with Piper, leaving Percy all alone with his thoughts.

He remembered how much she hinted at sex before he disappeared. She always went on about how she was ready.

What confused him was the fact that she hadn't mentioned it once since they reunited.

Had she...?

No. No, she wouldn't.

Would she?

Percy, stop this. Annabeth has been nothing but good to you and all you do is doubt her?

Percy couldn't help but feel like a bad boyfriend. First, he was driving his girlfriend away and then he was doubting her?!

What did someone like Annabeth do wrong to end up with someone like him?

He tried to convince himself that he was imagining things. That she just needed a bit of space. He knew he could get quite clingy and he assumed she just needed a little breather. He wouldn't blame her. He knew he could get a bit much, always seeking human touch.

But then she stood him up.

He'd had this whole big thing set up. He'd made reservations at her favourite restaurant, set up several museum tours for throughout the day. Had bought her flowers.

He'd even set out rose petals. He remembered how important losing her virginity was to her. She always went on about how she wanted to lose it, thought people wouldn't take her seriously if they found out but she also wanted to lose it to someone she loved.

So Percy had made sure he had the apartment to himself. Embarrassingly enough, his mom had seen right through him - not that is was hard with how flustered he had been, he couldn't get through a single sentence without stuttering - winking at him and reminding him to use protection.

Percy had been ready to set fire to his plans right about then.

He'd sat in his room hyping himself up. Annabeth wasn't the only one who was going to lose her virginity and he wanted to be ready. He needed to make this good. For her.

He'd used a whole page in his journal to make a plan.

His journal was important to him. He knew it was just a diary, it even said diary on the front but he'd had enough of all the other kids making fun of him for it so he started calling it a journal.

He didn't only write about his day in it though. Yeah, he did that but he also wrote about his nightmares. He would jot down little poems he thought of, no matter how dark they tended to get. He'd make little doodles in it whenever he was bored.

He had a whole box under his bed full of all his journals, from his very first one when he was three to up until now.

Everything that went into his journal was important to him in some way, even all of the random drawings he tended to do when he was bored.

It wasn't just a journal, it was an escape.

And then she'd called to tell him she couldn't make it. Said she'd had something planned with Piper and Jason.

He'd spent that night curled together in bed, his journal clutched to his chest and covers over his head.

His mom and Paul had returned the next day just to find him in the same position, rose petals covering the bed as well as the floor.