Lukercy (Angst)

Percy's POV

Dear Luke,
I have known you since I was three years old. We've been best friends since I was four years old.

You became my boyfriend when I was fourteen.

We moved in together when I was seventeen.

But now I'm nineteen and I have to go.
I love you so much, so so so much but you keep hurting me and this was the final straw.

I'm staying with Annabeth for now. Then I'm going back to New York, hopefully forever.

Love Percy
xx

Luke's POV

Age 6

I was sat on the swings at the park, swinging happily until some boy ran in front of me, causing me to kick him in the face.

"Ow." He said, rubbing his head where I kicked him and looking up at me from his spot on the ground.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I'm Percy and I'm three years old."

I chose not to point out that the boy had just held up four fingers. He was only little anyway.

"I'm Luke and I'm six years old."

"Friends?"

"Sure."

That was the first time I hurt him.

Age 10

"You know what Percy, I hate you!"

"I hate you too Luke, I hope we never become friends again."

I chose to ignore the tears streaming down the small boy's face.

We became friends again an hour after that. That was the first time I hurt him mentally.

Age 14

I'd been ignoring Percy. He was right, high school has changed me. All he'd done was try and make sure I didn't lose myself and instead I pushed him away.

That was the first time I realised I had such a big impact on him when I hurt him.

Age 17

"Percy Jackson, you're three years younger than me but I don't care. Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"Yes! Definitely yes."

Age 19

We both lost our virginity that night. That too hurt him, he couldn't even walk the next day.

Age 20

I fucked up. I got drunk, I cheated on him.

He stayed.

Age 21

It happened again.

He still stayed.

Age 22

I cheated on him... again.

He didn't stay.

So here I am, sitting on our couch, the letter he wrote me in my hands. The ink was smudged from tears and it was slightly crumpled where I'd gripped it too tight.

I could do nothing but break down, the letter working as a sort of shield in a way.

"I love you, so much. I'm sorry I hurt you. Please don't leave me baby!"

I was stuck shouting into a piece of paper with no one else to hear me.

He hurt me but I deserved it.

I hurt him.

And now he's gone.

This one is slightly different, I just thought it would work better in first person.