Christmas Prompts (8/25)

Ship: Willercy
Prompt: I burnt myself whilst cooking and now you have to fix my wound.

Will kissed his boyfriend's cheek before heading into the bathroom for a shower.

A small smile grew across Percy's face, causing him to lose focus for a second and almost drop the tray he was currently holding.

He placed the tray back into the oven quickly, his hands slightly shaking. He took a much more gentle approach when shutting the oven door, the opposite to when he practically threw the tray back onto the shelf.

Percy opened the oven door five minutes later, sighing frustratedly when he continued to push the tray deeper into the oven, instead of out towards himself.

He suddenly gasped, whimpering in pain as his forearm - just under his wrist - touched the top shelf of the oven, abandoning the tray in favour of running to the sink and turning on the cold tap.

He let the refreshing water run over his burn, already feeling a bit better after the initial shock.

After about ten seconds, he turned the tap off, rushing to dry his hands as he ran back over to the oven.

When Will returned, he found Percy sat on the kitchen counter, practically glaring at the tray of Christmas-shaped biscuits on the counter opposite him.

He looked to be cradling his left wrist, the thumb of his right hand gently rubbing the knuckle of his left.

Will frowned thoughtfully, his head slightly tilted to one side.

"D'you burn yourself?"

Percy just nodded, narrowing his eyes briefly at the biscuits before turning to stare at Will poutily.

"Aww, let me see."

Percy slowly moved his right hand from around his wrist, allowing Will a look at the red skin beneath it.

Will held Percy's arm delicately, pressing a soft kiss to the heated skin.

Unsurprisingly, Percy blanked out as Will cared for his burn, only really reacting when the cool aloe vera was applied to his skin.

He blinked a couple of times to gain focus, looking from Will down to his bandaged upper forearm.

Percy smiled, feeling much better now. More by Will's presence than by anything else, but still.

"Thank you."

Will smiled, leaning down to place another soft kiss against the - now bandaged - burn.

"You're welcome. Be more careful next time though. Please?"

Percy nodded, smiling slightly.

He turned to look at the tray on the counter for a second before looking back at Will.

"The biscuits should be cool enough now. You wanna help me decorate them?"

Will nodded, smiling brightly as he watched Percy jump down from the counter and head towards the cupboard with all of their baking stuff.

He opened the cupboard door, pulling out all of the new Christmas decorations they'd bought just last week.

Will walked over to his boyfriend, grabbing the two sprinkle tubs and carrying them over to the tray of Christmas-shaped biscuits.

They decorated the biscuits together, Will regretting having had a shower just before this as he found himself with a bit of frosting on his nose, a sprinkle or two in his hair and a few crumbs around his mouth from when Percy had just shoved a biscuit into his mouth whilst he was talking.

And obviously, Percy didn't look much better. In fact, he actually looked worse, what with the green smudges of icing going across both of his cheeks.

Gods, they were a disaster.