Force of Confusion - Habit

Platonic: Percy/Grover, Percy/Luke, Percy/Annabeth, Percy/Clarisse.
Onesided: Percy/Nico.

Percy stared up at his best friend, his head tilted to one side slightly, conveying only a miniscule amount of the confusion he currently felt.

"Grover?" He said, his voice small and bewildered, much more a question than anything else.

"Mhmm?"

Percy gulped, Adam's Apple bobbing as he inhaled shakily.

"I don't- how do you- do you think you could-"

Instead of interrupting him verbally, Grover placed his hand on Percy's shoulder, coming up from behind him.

Percy let his eyes slip closed briefly, leaning his head back until it leaned against Grover's abdomen.

"I don't get it." Again, his voice was small, as if begging Grover not to hear him.

"... Can you help me? Please?"

Grover aimed a little sideways smile down at Percy before moving to take the room's only other chair, saying nothing as Percy's head immediately dropped to his shoulder.

"'Course I will, Perce."

After that, the two spent the rest of their Friday night going over Percy's Latin work, ready for their test on Monday.

Just as Grover began to slowly rise from his seat, ready to head to bed, Percy grabbed him by the wrist, gently tugging him back down.

"I-" Percy interrupted himself with a kiss to Grover's lips: short, inexperienced, yet enthusiastic and sweet.

Percy pulled away, somehow breathless, his eyes pleading to Grover in so many ways.

"Thanks."

Grover just nodded, his smile hesitant but supportive all the same.

"Right - thanks." And then Percy was up, his text book slammed closed, meaning he could finally prepare for some actual sleep.

~~~

Percy's chest quivered faintly with the struggle to keep his breathing so slight, wishing to not wake any of his fellow cabinmates. It wouldn't do to turn anyone else against him on his first day, he knew that much.

His lips were still parted with shock, his eyes filled with admiration as he stared across his sleeping bag to the older boy.

In his hands, Percy held a set of fresh clothes, as well as a small toiletry bag and a sinking suspicion that Luke had not payed for any of these items.

"Luke I-"

"It's fine Percy. Don't think too much about it."

Percy swallowed.

"But-"

With the way Luke was grinning, his head shaking from side to side slowly, Percy couldn't help but lean in.

The kiss was brief, just a shy press of lips as Percy awaited a strong shove from Luke.

Instead of shoving him away as he expected, Luke simply broke away, his hands coming up to rest gently on Percy's shoulders.

"Percy." Luke's voice held enough warning in it to make Percy want to hide whilst also giving him the urge to stand up and fight him.

"I know, I just." Percy sighed. "Thank you."

Instead of replying, Luke just stood, turned away and flopped straight down onto his bed, forgoing both getting changed and pulling back the covers.