Dead Part 2

Dead is what Percy was.

Dead.

He was dead.

That means he did it.

Took him long enough.

Percy had been in a sort of trance as he passed through to Elysium, eyes nowhere but the floor.

And now here he was, standing in the relatively small queue in front of the large black gates.

He could see people on the other side waiting, wanting to find out if they  know anyone in this line.

He saw no one he knew.

Looks like even in death, Percy has no friends.

Dead.

The word kept circling around in his mind, refusing to leave.

Dead.

The gates were slowly opening, the first few souls starting to make their way through.

He watched as people headed over to people they knew, others wondering off to explore.

Percy stood off to the side for a few minutes, just watching the little reunions.

He wanted that.

Sighing, Percy made his way deeper into Elysium, looking at his surroundings in awe.

All the pretty flowers.

Happy people.

Gorgeous buildings.

Gorgeous buildings.

Annabeth.

Even down here, she's always on his mind. Plaguing his thoughts.

Did he do the right thing?

Yes. He did. There's no need to think about them. They didn't care when he was alive. Why would they care when he was dead?

Percy kept walking, passing playing children, happy pets and chatting adults.

Percy paused as he came across a pond, his mind all over the place.

Percy sat down at the edge of the pond, watching the rare little ripples through the water.

He turned it into a game.

How many could he spot in a minute.

Percy jumped as he felt arms wrap around him from behind, turning to see Luke Castellan hugging him.

Percy gasped, wrapping his arms around Luke and clinging onto him.

Despite everything that had happened, Percy really missed Luke.

"Luke."

Luke hummed, gripping onto Percy tighter, never wanting to let go.

"Missed you."

Percy smiled, one of the little voices in the back of his mind silenced.

"Missed you too."

Quietly, Luke stood up, grabbing Percy's hand and pulling him along.

They walked in silence, just basking in each others presence.

They missed each other. They'd been apart for so long.

They stopped in front of a small cottage deep in Elysium. Luke took a key from his pocket, unlocking the door and allowing Percy to go inside first.

Percy smiled, walking into the small living room and spinning, examining the rooms contents.

Luke watched from the side with a smile, happy to have his Percy back.

Percy spotted Luke stood in the corner, walking over to him and wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Please don't leave me again. I missed you so much."

Luke pressed a kiss to Percy forehead, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"I won't. I'm sorry for leaving you. It won't happen again, I promise."

Percy hummed, burying his head in Luke's neck and smiling.

They stood like that for about ten minutes, just enjoying the closeness.

"I'm sorry for leaving you with Annabeth. She was never exactly nice to you and I left your happiness in her hands."

Percy shook his head, holding back the tears that he's never let fall.

"Don't care. Just missed you."

Luke smiled, happy to have his Percy back.

Whatever Annabeth had done to him, he was going to fix.