The Thief's Daisies

Warning: Mentions of abuse and character death. Implied sexual content.

This is an idea from daughter_of_olympus's Story Plot Shop book.

This one took a while because I'd been doing odd bits of research for it here and there.

It's slightly different from the original idea because my research sucked and I really wanted to write this idea so I just did lol.

Luke Castellan.

Luke Castellan was a name known by many, feared by many.

From the age of ten, Luke had started acting out. Up until that point, he was the village favourite.

He was adored, worshipped, loved.

The entire village knew who he was. Knew of the goodness in his heart.

They watched him kick a ball around with the other boys his age, laughing and joking.

What they missed was the way the smiles dropped. The way his eyes grew dark.

He often helped out around the village. He looked after a lot of the younger kids, helped a lot of the older ones. He was like a brother to many.

But nobody saw the burning envy in his eyes. Nobody saw the hatred bubbling up within him.

At ten, everything he had built seemed to crumble.

Havoc became something he loved causing.

It had grown too much for the other villagers.

Luke Castellan became the name of a banished boy. Of a boy without love.

He left, mind bitter and heart cold.

On his travels, he met a girl called Thalia. She was two years younger than him with an exterior just as tough, if not tougher.

They travelled together for about a week, two lost souls trying to find a place to call home.

They stumbled across a girl, Annabeth, who'd been running from a cyclops when they found her.

Together, they tricked the cyclops, taking cover in a cave somewhere.

It was then that they actually found out her name was Annabeth.

She was a seven-year-old girl from a few villages over.

She was lost, just like them.

So they took her with them.

~~~

Percy Jackson was a seven-year-old boy with a heart of gold.

The boy was never seen without a smile.

Not because he was always happy, but because there was only one person he trusted enough to be himself with.

Will, a six-year-old boy with a soul just as kind, was Percy's best friend.

The two young boys had grown up together. Their older brothers were friends, brought close by the deaths of their fathers.

Will was a happy boy, able to find the bright side to anything.

He'd never known his father. The man died before he was born.

That didn't mean he never missed him however.

Despite being only six, Will was a very mature boy. Most people expected him to be an excitable, overenthusiastic little monster.

Instead, they were met with a dependable, curious young man who was very polite.